Pro Cycling Thread 2018 - The Classics are here

a couple

Id go for one of those maybe… so you can see them come and go… depends how open it is etc

1 Like

Steep bit towards the end of the climb. Worth considering the likely racing line for which side of the road to be. Though you don’t want to be on the inside of a corner as you can’t see the race coming.

Spot on, this

Get it done Bob.

Can’t really watch this because it makes me feel queasy after yesterday.

1 Like

CHEER DIS. I’m ready at the finish to cheer Big Bobby Gee on.

5 Likes

Think he has it

They all need to stop dicking about and ride. Vanendert looks great.

In the balance again

Think vanendert is the threat here.

But think BJ has enough to stay away

1 Like

So Quick Step are basically Gewiss/Mapei, insinuation intended. Absolute domination of the classics season, not seen for many years.

What a fucking lad

4 Likes

Is somebody (@anon67149139 perhaps) setting up a giro fantasy league?

And do we need a new thread for me to talk to myself in?

2 Likes

We definitely do. Im happy to set up a giro preview thread if no one gets in first, but where to chat about romandie in the mean time??

Will do a new thread tomorrow then.

A fantasy league would be great. They worked well last year

Yeah lets fantasy our little butts off! Just made my Romandie team. Guess Giro will open at the weekend.

How would y’all rate the classics season this year?

It was a weird classics season for me. Milan Sanremo was one of the best races. The uncertainty of whether anyone could catch Nibali was my my favourite moment of the spring I think. Quickstep managed to win almost everything, rather then dominating and then failing to convert like in previous years. Valverde didn’t even win Fleche Wallone. Paris-Roubaix was a low point, worrying about Goolaerts all afternoon as no-one chased down Sagan.

Anyway, time to start getting excited about the Giro…

No absolute classic classics for me. But plenty to enjoy. Last 15 minutes of msr prob my favourite. P-r almost but not quite an all-timer (obv layered in tragedy too), flanders a bit of a damp squib and weirdly agr one of the best of the lot…