Pro-cycling thread (classica San Sebastian - Paris Tours)

think that’s enough of a change to have any impact?

of course not :laughing:

1 Like

I think it will be more interesting to see what it does for team tactics tbh, but even then I don’t think too much at the sharp end :confused:

Sky won the tour with 8 riders this year. All it’ll do is create a larger disparity between the biggest and smallest teams than already exists

1 Like

Got bored and turned the TT off. Anything interesting happen yet? I saw the first magic carpet moment.

Geoghegan Hart crashed scuppering his TT chances. EBH has gone out on an aero bike with clip on tri bars and Kelderman lost 13secs changing his bike on the red carpet

Kelderman with the quickest time, 46:15

Haha:

An email from Paul Griffin: “Watching your coverage has reminded me that the World Time Trial championships will be held in the UK the year after next,” he says. “Excitements! I hope the organisers allow the event to have authentic British TT feel: entry £2 on the day; changing room in a hedge behind a lay-by; a tubular tyre as 1st prize, fruit cake and tea in a polystyrene cup afterwards, and volleys of abuse from drivers along a windswept dusk dual carriageway, all of them keen to discuss the immorality of hypothecated taxes via the medium of hand gestures.”

1 Like

what’s this changing bike shit all about?

there’s a big hill at the end isn’t there

I pretty disappointed the UCI decided to include this tbh. Make a choice of bike and stick with it.

Kelderman (bike change to aero from TT) was 6 secs quicker than Tratnik (TT bike the whole course) up the climb. Not really worth it as he lost 13 secs in the change over.

hah

(yeah I reckon they shouldn’t be allowed to change)

Yeah, the benefits seem marginal, and it starts to stray into races being determined by F1-style pit-strategy, and no one wants that.

However, if it leads to comedy moments like Lutsenko, then it has its upsides…

As I said before, it’s not the change I have a problem with as such. It’s the push off afterwards. If a rider want to make the decision to swap to a lighter climbing machine, by all means do it. But to be allowed to be pushed up to speed is the part that rankles. Those that choose to swap bikes should get up to speed under their own power.

Everyone is out on the road.

Route and profile are supposedly out for next year’s world champs in Innsbruck. Are they fucking crazy??? 265km with almost 5000m of climbing.

Sallenches in 1980 had 15 finishers, this will have even less if that is the actual route. Hardest World Champs ever.

And the TT course is just as mad. 62.5km with a massive climb and then 20km to the finish after that.

Get me booked on a plane please!
(Just need it to be true!)

1 Like

Jeeeeeez

DiS does the world champs?

By all means, I won’t be able to go though.

damn, profile really doesn’t suit me

1 Like