Pro Cyling Thread

GUYS THIS IS AMAZING

AND THIS

I did feel like the awareness in the NFL has seeped into general American sporting knowledge, so Cannondale reacted well and fairly quickly. I imagine if the same thing happened to a UK team, the reaction would be more like in football, where if a player says they’re ok, they’re usually allowed to play on.

The idea of helmets that react is a good one.

I was wondering, after reading the article above, why cannondale’s medical staff were at the finish at not on the course.

Definitely think there is something in the awareness of concussion in the wider American sport world compared with Europe. But I feel like the fact that riders want to ride their bikes regardless of their injuries can sometimes be at the detriment to their health. This can only be blamed on the culture in cycling of being a tough person. We all applaud when there’s a big crash and the rider gets on his bike to continue the stage. Think about that massive crash in the 2015 TdF. How many of those riders continued and how many shouldn’t have. We greet these scenes with a shrug because it’s an accepted part of the culture and the sport.

Cannondale drapac got a win!!!

Chapeau talansky

Yeah right. #fakenews Sad.

3 Likes

:grinning:

Thomas withdraws from Giro :frowning:
Sky really have no luck at this race do they (no laughing at the back, Rich)

1 Like

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sniggers

Good one week stage racer, never a GT contender

Still too early to say that imho (yes, I know he’s 30 now)

But I wish he’d decided to focus on the cobbled classics instead.

Typical strong rider, good in week long stage races and classics and domestique. I really can’t see any development into a GT rider now in his career. I think he would tail off in the third week, especially in the climbing heavy Giro

I have my doubts too - he usually has a bad day in the third week. My point is that this was his first GT race as leader - you can’t entirely gauge his chances as a GT rider based solely on his performances acting as a super-dom.

Anonymous Poll:

• Team Sky - Love 'em :gb:
  • Team Sky - Hate 'em :robot:

0 voters

Maybe not, and it is possible to jump the gun, but he his well into his career so it’s possible to judge his potential by his previous results and races. It’s not like it’s a neo pro we’re talking about here. He’s a guy who performs well at early season stage races and classics, then super doms for Froome. I just don’t see the consistency there for a crack at GT podium. Top 10, yeah, but nothing more.

Not so much hate, but totally ambivalent and untrusting. But I’m like that with a lot of teams

I need a third choice here.

Not sure I ‘love’ any team, currently. They’ve all got issues.

#LOVE OR HATE

1 Like

We need the likes of Gewisse back for the trust of the sport