Pro Cyling Thread

tour
drugs
classics
uci

Le Samyn tomorrow. One of the races of last season, so hopefully it'll be another decent edition, but the start list is disappointing with only Quick Step, Lotto-Soudal and lottoNL-Jumbo the only WT teams on the start list. Wet and windy seems to be on the cards. Hard to pick a winner with a depleted field, but Jens Debusschere or Tosh Van Der Sande look like good bets.

@walks005 are you still riding the women's race?

Not used to sagan's beard yet.

Good weekends work from Luke Rowe.

Gutted for svm

Utterly grim conditions for Le Samyn.

Oh and Strade Bianche on Saturday! (Shame Roma Maxima is no longer)

It's everybody's favourite new race today, the 11th edition of Strade Bianche. Cancellara has had an 11km piece of sterrati named after him in recognition of his 3 wins.

Stybar (winner in 2015), Sagan and GVA are the big favorites. Brambilla, after his performance in last year's race, Kwiakowski, Tim Wellens, if it rains and Vanmarcke as outsiders for me.

There's never been a wet Strade Bianche, but it's currently raining in Siena, so hopefully we see scenes similar to this from the 2010 Giro

Thibault Pinot in the break :joy:

Sagan abandoned.

Appeared on the screen about 5 minutes before Carlton realised. :thinking:

I've got the tablet muted to avoid carlton. Frigging idiot.

1st mention of uran. Like clockwork.

Come on stybar!

4/6 on my predictions up there. Should've put a bet on. Kwiakowski should have this in the bag

Easy for him in the end.

Yep, cracking race, as per. Great ride from Dumoulin and Thwaites.

So, we roll onto the early season stage races. Paris-Nice starts tomorrow. Hard to see past Richie Porte for this race (again). Really good write up on INRNG (as per usual, they do a cracking job).

Terrino-Adriatico starts on Wednesday. A favourite of mine, but still looking for a write up or preview.

Finally, Dwars Door West Vlaarendren tomorrow. Smaller semi classic, but if you're after some cycling action tomorrow afternoon, one to hunt down on streaming sites.

It's starting to come along thick and fast

Crazy first stage won by Arnaud Demare (FdJ) with Jullian Aliphillipe (Quick Step) coming second. Dan Martin came in 9 seconds down, Porte 47 secs behind and Contador 1:04 down on Demare. Demare will hold onto the jersey until at least Tuesday, unless he comes unstuck in the cross winds tomorrow.

Bardet had a crash and has been thrown off the race for excessive vehicular assistance (too long a sticky bottle), so a big French hope out of the race.

Crazy second stage in P-N - Gallopin, Henao and Alaphilippe make the front group and looking more like favourites for the overall with every passing second.

All the main sprinters in the front pack too, but guys like Contador and Porte are 1-2 minutes back.

Look at that peloton

Aren't the first two stages meant to be boring in Paris-Nice?!? What an opening two stages

That's not a peloton. It's a group of sad, lonely men over 100km from home.

Nothing more beautiful and typifying of Northern European spring road racing

Echelons!

That drag will feel like Alpe D'Huez to the back group in that picture.

Contador's group pulling in on the leading group, 55secs down. Richie Porte has lost over 4mins and there's still 70km to race. Fucking carnage

Can't wait until my internet's installed on Wednesday. Fucking annoyed I've missed loads of racing already.