Probably the best ready meal I've ever had

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-duck-in-plum-sauce-with-egg-fried-rice-450g

JEsus christ I’ve got so much work to do

That looks grim man…

Predicting quite a few twatbabies in this thread.

£2.50 is pretty good value

Arighht Jamie Oliver.

Poor Quackers

1 Like

jesus christ look at all the sugar

Prescience!

Very rarely have ready meals, but was home alone one night before Xmas and they always have those Bighams ones for 3 quid in the shop at work so went for the chicken jalfrezi. Definitely the best ready meal I’ve had.

Takes a bit more effort than your normal ready meal (half hour in the oven rather than 3 mins in the micro) and not sure I’d ever pay full whack for one, but worth a punt when they’re reduced I reckon.

The duck was unbelievable. Takeaway quality.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed it

Honestly ready meals have become much better over the years but having lived off them for a few months during my last job I would like to never touch them again!

There’s an excellent thai-style ready meal in Tesco at the minute. Basically a battered chicken breast that you take out and oven cook and chop up, then seperate microwavable rice and sauce sections. It’s a stonecold 9/10.

1 Like

Thing with that sort of thing is that it’s not a true ready meal. You can’t just chuck it in the microwave or oven. It’s like a ready meal/meal kit hybrid really.

It’s fine. I can work the oven.

It’s a two-appliance job though. Requires two sets of timing. Chopping the chicken breast up! That is a level of effort far above and beyond what should be required for a ready meal.

Used to live off of ready meals, then I got into cooking and so don’t have them any more. Used to enjoy an M&S Four Cheese Ravioli, mainly because it said on the packet that it contained 98 per cent of my RDA of saturated fat.

1 Like

Charlie Bigham!!!

1 Like

Where can I get these please? We don’t have a kitchen and I have no idea about ready meals.

They sell them at the tesco express near me. But waitrose and sainsbo stock them most