Productive ways to spend lockdown

I’m having a Skype chat with a literary agent this week, which is scary and exciting. She’s read and loved my latest book and has ideas for revisions that’ll get it ready for submitting to publishers. So if the chat goes well and the revised version of the MS works, I might have a literary agent afterwards :smiley: (touches every piece of wood within arm’s reach). So yeah, hopefully doing lots of novel revisions, maybe keep working on a new one, as much outdoor cycling as I can get away with, lots of stuff round the garden to keep me busy, a house full of books to read… plenty to do, really.

(what I’ve actually done this last week: Twitter, BBC News, DiS, ZX Spectrum emulators and Zombie Simpsons. In my defence, I have been ill)

5 Likes

Orange (Jaffa) 4/5, cat wasn’t impressed

6 Likes

I guess take some pictures - so find a digi cam.

Nice

5 Likes

Saving money so that when we come out the other end you can have loads of pints, meals out and nice days out.

I wanna make a zine but dunno what to make it about :frowning:

1 Like

might send you my address

Thought up a bad rom com earlier about someone that has to self isolate with the two people they’ve been seeing that also don’t know about each other

No title but the tag line would be “corona doesn’t come in three-packs!”

1 Like

In mine people are in lockdown and get picked off by the killer when they break lockdown - going on 2 runs, visiting a fwb etc. It’s a double meaning maaaan

1 Like
  • Learn how to do granular synthesis
  • Figure out how the Microfreak works
  • Work on my 2 live sets (ambient set and bangers* set)
  • Sort out the ungodly mass of forgotten hot sauces in the fridge
  • Add to said ungodly mass
  • Get through my to-watch movie pile
  • Do some exercise

Reckon there’s a good chance I’ll get through all of that apart from the last one. I’ll end up ready to play live at the drop of the hat but I’ll need a forklift truck to transport me from the sofa to the venue.

1 Like

gonna get into poetry i think

1 Like

done the tidying of media and that

now i need to lose a stone or two.

will i manage it? judging by how much toast i’ve been eating, probably not

This is the killer

Locke going to muth fuckin’ take you down if you ain’t on Lockdown!

2 Likes

You can help me with compiling the Herbert Spellerman /Fireflies in Connecticut one if you like?

I’ve thought of an idea now :partying_face:
not gonna post it in here yet though. happy to help if you need but no idea how, never done a zine in my life

1 Like

think I might clean the oven this afternoon. Can’t believe it’s come to this.

Appropriate username, tbh.

3 Likes

One of my mates is on his own atm and doesn’t have anything really to do. Gonna leave some tech, books and dvds on his doorstep later to help out. Think he’s quite lonely, poor fella. :frowning:

I’m at the stage where I need to put together things people have written and make them look nice.

Wish I could find the old typewriter that should be somewhere in this house.

the brooklyn art library are running a 28 day thing with art prompts every day. you can join in for free or send them some money to keep going while theyre locked down if you want (i have a sketchbook there so i would like to see them continue to be a thing)

https://brooklynartlibrary.org/28daychallenge

2 Likes