Protomartyr - Touring NOW!

Just how bloody good is their drummer ?

3 Likes

No worries, I’ve already got one myself, can’t wait!

Ah fair enough, didn’t realise that was a festival show. Ace!

How’s bloody good is all of them?

Turns out I might make their Scala show now

2 Likes

One spare ticket for Scala if anyone wants it - I’ll be there tomorrow eve. Face value blah

Just back from Birmingham show. Incredible. Roll on Scala.

After tonight feel a bit like Protomartyr’s only female fan…or at least the most enthusiastic one.

2 Likes

Stephanie from my band is going tonight, I can introduce you if you’d like another female fan to hang out with? :smiley:

I should be ok getting in but I’ll be in touch in case it’s not

Great show in Birmingham last night, couldn’t have asked for any more from them*

*except perhaps the bass being much higher in the mix

Ooh interesting that was a problem in Glasgow too but I just assumed it was whoever was doing sound at the festival because the whole stage was ropey

Yep I’m in, see y’all down the back!

:grin:I was just feeling cranky after being up about 20 hours at that point (too old-wrong end of 30s)! Got some sleep now and ready for same again tonight.

1 Like

stage times pals:

Protomartyr - 9.40pm
Ana Da Silva - 8.45pm
Rattle - 8pm

My train gets into Euston for 9.20pm, praying for no delays :pray:

From The Raincoats? Nice!

1 Like

oh shit yeah, didn’t even catch that, that’s cool!

Rattle are mint n’all

Yes really enjoyed them in Birmingham last night.

Unfortunately they’re not playing anywhere near me on this tour :disappointed_relieved: Anyway, been blasting the three albums that are available on Deezer recently and I reckon, other than Rolo Tomassi, they’re the only band that each album is better than the last. The Chuckler might be the best song of the past 5 years!

3 Likes

Awesome show in London - can’t believe how much bigger a crowd they drew compared to less than a year back. My first gig at the Scala, which I can’t say I loved as a venue, but the sound was great. Think the singer might have a headache in the morning…

Ha you reckon?! Was great - good and angry and loud.

WTF was that bouncer doing, though? Had he never seen a bit of dancing before? And (final question) for a band that do such good album art, why were the t shirts so terrible?

Great gig!

2 Likes