PSA For people with dem iphones

Basically if you decide to get your phone repaired at an independent store and is battery related and it still says ‘Service Battery’ after a repair it’s something apple programmed in. Don’t let them kill the independent repair market
TA!

Apple really are pricks, aren’t they.

3 Likes

“Dem phones dem phones dem I phones”

7 Likes

If you’re paying a grand for a phone you may as well keep it in warranty

“ooh look at me I’m so rich that I can afford a phone that doesn’t have a headphone jack for some stupid idiot reason”

11 Likes

Awful

——————
Posted from my iPhone

8 Likes

They are bastardised and I hate that I am locked in now

1 Like

Eh?

I upgraded my Pixel 2 to a Pixel 3a the other week, and was delighted to see they’ve added a headphone jack back in!

They just work, though.

I wouldn’t be surprised at Samsung doing the same thing TBH

i’ll fight them on the beaches

2 Likes

how often do people “upgrade” their phones?

It’s a technology I’m just not interested in at all so I just can’t get my head around why anyone would want to change their phone.

Maybe some people just don’t have a computer

Its a force of habit. Your contract is up, you get offered a new phone and a new contract and you go ‘eh fuck it, might as well’ which is what I’m going to do in 2 months.

oh yeah I forgot people have contracts!

I’ve been on pay as you go since I was 17

Yeah my mindset is 'I’d rather pay the extra £25 - £30 a month and have a new phone under warranty than risk my phone dying and needing to buy a new one. Especially as my phone now has a cracked screen and the battery is starting to die.

3 Likes

I paid £20 for my phone and top up like a fiver twice a year just so they don’t cancel my number :slight_smile:

1 Like

As @ttf says, a lot of phones will be close to unsuable by the end of 2 years. I think part of it is simply that faster phones means all the apps get more complex and run slower on your phone, but also those components simply warp and degrade with all the heat generated by the work they are doing 24/7.

So, yeah 2-3 years is about normal I reckon. It’s not really great but that’s how it is. I’m pretty lucky that my OnePlus 3 has been going for 3 years now and so far has given me no reason to upgrade.

1 Like

If Demi Moore married Phones from Stingray she might change her name to Demi Phones

1 Like

I don’t have an iPhone, but I do have bluetooth headphones and they’re the best.

Kind regards