PSA: it isn't Nicholas Lyndhurst singing the only fools and horses theme.

• Rodney, you plonker!
  • What?!?! :exploding_head:
  • *QI Klaxon*
  • something else

0 voters

0 reptilez

Was it supposed to be?

10 Likes

Extreme nostalgia cramps from clicking play on that

2 Likes
  • Sounds like him
  • Doesn’t

0 voters

I think I’d always assumed it was him but never quite convinced myself so I’m slightly surprised but not massively mindblown.

2 Likes

Definitely does sound like him.

1 Like

Think this is about the best I could hope for from this thread. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

it’s nostalgic for me but not really in a good way. makes me think of like being far too full from eating a roast dinner or something and laying on the sofa wanting to change the channel but can’t even be bothered.

1 Like

Its John Sullivan innit

11 Likes

I knew this was the case but I can’t explain why, def as a kid, I always assumed it was him

and I still associate the voice with him

incidentally Nicholas Lyndhurst speaking in a non-Rodney voice is cursed

1 Like

I think if in a pub quiz there was a question “Who sang the OFAH theme song?”, I’d suggest Lyndhurst but wouldn’t be a 100% and when it came back wrong I’d be like, “Oh, is not?”

3 Likes

Not arsed.

2 Likes

Never thought it was. I’m pretty sure the dude who did even had a credit at the end?

2 Likes

Yeah this

But also for me the nostalgia isn’t just in the remembering of watching the tv programme, it’s in the whole council estate, working class background of late 70s/early 80s Britain

My family weren’t cockneys but you can probably imagine the Manchester Irish version. Replace the accents and this show is full of aunts & uncles, their friends, grim but lively social clubs & community centres I was dragged to and estates we’d go to parties at

Nostalgia shocks

1 Like

Better character

• Grandad
  • Uncle

0 voters

can’t even remember an uncle tbh

2 Likes

I believe he is on the very video you posted

Uncle Bulgaria I think

10 Likes

Remember going to a few of these sorts of places for parties as a kid. There’s one in particular that is so weirdly vivid in my head - must have been when I was really young, cause the memory is so plastered over to the point where I remember it as a vast warehouse-like space, tables scattered about distanced from each other, and a Black Country country-and-western band playing on a stage far from any of said tables

2 Likes

i got them mixed up