Pub-like Folk

Hey guys!

Been listening to Matt Elliott’s Drinking Songs album for a little while now; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDWEz1mia1I

I love the melodramatic and calm feel to it. The artwork literally represents how I feel when I listen to the album; in an old tavern drinking , alone.

Do you have any other album, artists to recommend that could sound or feel like this? I’m a newbie when it comes to folk, and this sub genre really confuses me. I know there is a certain amount of electronics to it, but that’s not the element I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Is that the guy from Third Eye Blind?

Yup.

Reminds me of Black Heart Procession a bit. Prob doesn’t tick the electronics box though.

Third Eye Foundation, surely?

Correct.

V familiar with Matt Elliott’s TEF stuff, but haven’t tried his ‘folk’ album. If you’re looking for folk with a touch of electronica, try Fink - Biscuits for Breakfast (and some of his later ones too).

Blimey! I knew he’d done one album with singing on but I thought that was just a one-off experiment. Turns out there’s a whole stack of them.

Thanks. It wasn’t exactly the style I was looking for, but it’s a really great find!

Million thanks.