Pubs (Polls, no chat)

Take your glasses back to the bar before you leave.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Yes, I wasnā€™t dragged up.

6 Likes

Tables reserved on a weeknight for the penoids to play their card games

• Fine
  • Why does it smell funny in here

0 voters

Reserving tables

• Tory
  • Fine

0 voters

PRO TIP: the song canā€™t be back to back to find something equally annoying to play in between or use that time for songs you really want to hear.

Works for me because I always want to listen to On A Rope.

Itā€™s a formality really, thereā€™s nobody else in that half of the pub on Monday nights anyway, for some reason.

1 Like
  • old-timey pub names (the swan and paedo etc)
  • new-timey pub names (barstory, tap house etc)

0 voters

The perfect pubs have no televisions and no music, and no banging doors or loud southerners stood at the bar, and isnā€™t overly lit but not too dark that you canā€™t read, and has a couple of quiet, tired dogs in, and a barman/barmaid whoā€™s not overly fussy but on it enough to spot when you want a top-up, and a good selection of quality snacks and some variant of pastry product available, and a comfy armchair or two in corners or alcoves, and a couple of newspapers lying about with communal crosswords (no cheating), and a selection of assorted curmudgeony locals who converse only in nods and mumbles, and maybe an open fire, and obviously a good combination of strong continental lagers, well-kept hoppy cask ales, a stout or porter and a few rare spirits.

19 Likes

Still get irrationally annoyed at ā€œPint Shopā€

4 Likes

Donā€™t get me started on that fucking place

1 Like

But the EXPOSED PIPE WORK. And the EXTENSIVE GIN MENU!

Going to the pub alone

• Never
  • Occasionally
  • Often

0 voters

Itā€™s not a rule as such but it tends to be a quiet pub night, so thereā€™s less chance of someone stealing our lunch money.

4 Likes

Kids in pubs are fine by me but, much like dogs, its all down to the owners. Some of us get it, lots sadly donā€™t.

8 Likes

Pubs that allow reservations on the weekend can 100% fuck off

6 Likes

Uniformed staff?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Beer garden - a deal breaker?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

The light fittings you bang your head on and the lack of an actual pint priced under Ā£6.50

2 Likes

More Cambridge pub chat: I was in the Blue the other day and there was some absolute haircut of a lad who was hands down the surliest bartender Iā€™ve ever seen.

Hang on, which way around are we voting here?

I like a beer garden, but wouldnā€™t leave a pub that didnā€™t have one.

3 Likes