Pulp Reform (again)

After teasing something last week Jarvis has confirmed that Pulp are reforming again next year for some concerts, which will tie in with 25 years since This Is Hardcore.
I saw them at Reading Festival in 2011 and they were magnificent.

2 Likes
2 Likes

One of my favourite ever bands, Glastonbury 2011 is one of my favourite ever gigs, and… I have no interest in this. May end up changing my mind, we’ll see

3 Likes

Hope it’s gigs and not just big festivals tbh

2 Likes

I passed on them at glasto in 2011 as had such a shit time at radiohead the day before and knew i was seeing them at reading. I do regret it now though. I know what you mean, I have such great memories of seeing them last time I don’t want to risk it not being good. I guess some of it will depend on the venues they play. Probably more interested if it’s inside a opposed to Hyde Park, for example.

1 Like

Yeah agree, gigs would be a lot more fun.

1 Like

I saw that Reading show and left feeling underwhelmed. I’m glad other people has a better time than me. Don’t think it helped that The Strokes played after them and I also might have been faaaaar too drunk.

1 Like

Lol, I thought it was great, I was very excited to see them though. I enjoyed the strokes afterwards as well. Thought it was a great lineup.

Was the weather a bit rubbish? I have a memory of being at the back and the Strokes not really having any lighting. I think basically got too excited about seeing Pulp and let it get the drunker of me.

1 Like

Leeds festival and Sheffield arena on the last reunion tour were both great. Don’t think I can justify paying whatever massive costs it will be to see them do the same thing again but even older, but hope it’s as good as the last time for anybody who does go.

2 Likes

I can’t really remember the weather. I remember The National having a relatively small crowd though. I was fairly close but my wife was 7 months pregnant so was very concious of not drinking much or going into the crowd. In fact i might have not drunk at all as not to make her feel bad.

2 Likes

Yeah it was very very muddy iirc. The national played before pulp to a crowd about 4 people deep but it was the first time I’d seen them and had a lovely time (matt was quite drunk) then pulp were amazing - properly impressive showmanship imo - then the strokes were fine (nice singsong with the crowd but the gig itself was meh, especially after pulp)

3 Likes

Quite annoying that 18yo me was too much of a jabroni to have listened to The National, fucking love High Violet now, and I distinctly remember being sat in the campsite watching people do beer bongs until one of them threw up before The Strokes and Pulp that afternoon, nothing better was happening.

2 Likes

Beer bongs have really gone out of fashion haven’t they? Or have we just got old idk

1 Like

Looks like bombay bicycle club were on at the same time, bet that was rammed

We’ve definitely got old, so it’s difficult to judge whether they’ve gone out of fashion (but I think teenagers don’t get fucked as much now)

1 Like

Yeah, I remember really enjoying The National. Must have been Drinking with Matt, I’m gonna guess.

Is this meant to say enjoying or did you have to get told off for rowdyness?

1 Like

Hahaha I meant enjoying, but quite honestly, could have been the latter for all I remember

1 Like

I was at Glastonbury in 2011 front and centre top 5 sets I think I’ve ever seen. Look at my little face in awe next to a guy in a Glasvegas t shirt who was sweating profusely throughout.

Bit conflicted on one hand it all seemed to end with After You and I liked that as an ending. On the other I would go to a gig in a heartbeat (Dynamic Pricing dependent).

3 Likes