PUP The Band

Drunk Friendly Gnomes got your back :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Fuck man, what?!

That is truly utterly shit. Was getting really excited by the clips too. Will you have to remove them as well?

Maybe they know someone English who reckoned it was about a piss take or something? Fucked up though : (

1 Like

Thatā€™s fucked up, sorry it didnā€™t work out. Hope you manage to try with some artists who are a bit more chill about it cause that sounds great.

2 Likes

The next episode is already filmed and ready for editing and we already have approval for it too! :smiley:

8 Likes

Well hopefully that doesnā€™t change! Look forward to it! Possibly PUP will reconsider if they see some other episodes?

1 Like

So, having seen the full interview (am I allowed to admit that??) I have Some Thoughts.

Firstly, it absolutely sucks when you have an interview vetoed - Iā€™ve been in that position before, when the front person of an up-and-coming British band with a lot of momentum went Full Bonkers Christian during an interview (that was explicitly ABOUT their faith) and their (very powerful) record labelā€™s in-house PR immediately called my editor and nixed the interview. Was gutted because the quotes were fucking unreal, but theyā€™d have done some real damage to this bandā€™s image on the verge of them releasing what was expected to be their breakthrough album.

Secondly - the PUP interview is awkward as hell. Itā€™s very hard to watch. @ma0sm, Iā€™m assuming that was kind of your intention and I really admire what you were going for but Iā€™m not entirely sure if it landed and to me, itā€™s clear that Stefan in particular is confused and slightly annoyed by the whole thing. The way he reacts to the meme bit - ā€œYou got the album title wrong in your Me-may, bullshit, next, NEXTā€. It is not surprising to me that the band and/or their management watched that and decided they didnā€™t want it released. Stefan comes off as aggro and pissed off and the whole thing is just a bitā€¦ strange.

2 Likes

Very well considered response, and good to provide some counterbalance in all this.

1 Like

It was the last night of the tour and even though the show was amazing, I wonder if you suffered as a result of that (it being the end of the tour, i mean)

1 Like

Wise words, have acted on this thanks to the mods. Kind of you to care.

1 Like

Just wanted to make a brief statement about all this as Iā€™m not proud of the way Iā€™ve dealt with this whole thing.

Iā€™ve been incredibly self-centred in my response and let my entitled frustrations get the better of me. The series of things that happened should never have come as a surprise due to the nature of the whole project. I hold no bad blood with the band or anyone involved, this whole thing was on us to make it work, and we didnā€™t get it right. Iā€™m still proud of the final product, but my intentions are not to make people look like idiots, the idiot is me.

2 Likes

Are these Pup lyrics?

1 Like

Rebumping this topic!

I am very ill today and donā€™t feel like pushing through to see them tonight in Newcastle as going on holiday on Monday. If anyone wants the ticket and can print it out it is free to a good home!

2 Likes

New Pup song

3 Likes

Not seen the video yet, but obviously after one listen I love it.

One day, PUP will release a bad song. Possibly.

Grandaddy cover!

5 Likes

This is good.

1 Like
3 Likes

Stefan did a few acoustic songs to advertise the release of his kids book.

https://fb.watch/1uNVL2_ty3/

1 Like