Purchase Regret

Discuss your purchase regrets, big or small, recent or old.

I have pretty much endless examples because I never learn, but off the top of my head

• Nutribullet - why would I even think this is something I’d use?
  • Collection of succulents - killed them all within a couple of months.
  • Clothes in a size too small because I was losing weight - don’t even need to explain this one.
  • Necklace worth three months of a weekend job gifts too my sister - got stolen a few weeks later
  • Waist lead for running - dog can’t even walk on lead nicely and I hate running :man_facepalming:
7 Likes

Mrs F bought one of these years ago and the only thing we’ve ever used it for is to make chimichurri.

2 Likes

nutribullets are great :frowning:

5 Likes

Got a Macbook Air a few months ago and went for the lowest spec version to save a couple of hundred quid when they’ve put out an excellent spec new one for the same price now.

2 Likes

Regret almost every takeaway I ever buy. Sure it’s nice but never really worthwhile.

16 Likes

Don’t make smoothies that often now but the nutribullet is also a lot more convenient than my blender if I want to blend something not massive in a hurry - use it to save time on curry pastes, guacamole, salsa, etc.

2 Likes

Time for another reminder that the Nutribullet man is a flat-earth anti-vax weirdo.

Got a nutri-bullet recently as well fwiw

Nearly always. Then about five days later “oooh, I really fancy a…” :man_facepalming:

1 Like

The yankee festive candle that I’m pretty sure is responsible for my constant headache. Only another 100 hours to burn!

Bought a Cribs Christmas jumper.

Didnt want it so sent it off to a mate’s mate. 30 quid down the shitter that

1 Like

I bought a pair of these headphones and they sound great but no size of ear-tips supplied stay in my ears if I move about much. Some regret.

1 Like

A chewy bone thing for the puppy that is literally the only thing in the house that he doesn’t chew.

10 Likes

Ahaha, definitely remember that one :frowning:

3 bed house - I live alone and have no friends.

5 Likes

This this this

Bought a ring light recently to up my selfie game and then realised I hate my face so why would I want to illuminate it?

Also it took me three attempts to put the bloody thing together. And now it stands at the end of my bed, silently mocking me.

2 Likes

Oh mate. I’d be going crazy if I’d got the early 2020 model :frowning:

Aye, bit of a pain, always gonna be the case to an extent when buying tech but this is a particularly egregious example

1 Like

I bought a different light bulb so I don’t have purple face on zoom calls. No regrets on that though.

4 Likes