Pure Reason Revolution Reunion June 2019

Awesome band who broke up in 2011 are doing a reunion show next June.

hopefully this will lead to more.

Hahahaha

1 Like

I remember them being quite good. Couple of great tracks.

That’s Jamie from Twin Sun’s old band, isn’t it? Think i saw them in the Fez club back in 2006, might have enjoyed it, can’t remember, I’d foolishly tried to drink more than i had in ages after glandular fever.

bump

they did the reunion gig last Saturday at Midsummer-Prog-Festival and checkout the Set List.

shit I never saw them live despite being a fan for 14 years, but The Dark Third…damn

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pure-reason-revolution/2019/openluchttheater-valkenburg-valkenburg-netherlands-73912aa1.html?fbclid=IwAR03ECpbwsJXQi2tKqd22ahh9Eg4wmSPDD4JU4FQqEWqDQ5sLBRDVnIdSdw

Aeropause
Goshen’s Remains
Apprentice of the Universe
The Bright Ambassadors of Morning
Nimos & Tambos
Voices in Winter / In the Realms of the Divine
Bullitts Dominæ
Arrival / The Intention Craft
He Tried to Show Them Magic! / Ambassadors Return

Encore:
The Twyncyn / Trembling Willows
Deus Ex Machina
Fight Fire

Looks like Paul Mullen of yourcodenameis:milo/Losers/The Automatic/fucking loads of bands was playing guitar, I didn’t recognise the drummer.

I’ve seen some chat about a new record skewing a bit more towards the sound of the first album too.

1 Like

Pure Reason Revolunion

It isn’t?! Is it?! I used to listen to PRR.

Yeah, he was in the band for a while. Not the original line up, that’s now reformed though.

Saw them years ago in a long forgotten venue in Bristol. Halfway up Park st. Cant remember the name. Anyway, loved their first ep and album. Only really know of them cos a girl from school married the drummer

Looks like it is just the 2 singers left from the original line up

1 Like

bump.

Reunion now includes signing to Inside Out Music and recording a new album (more in the progressive style of The Dark Third) to be released in 2020.

Was he not? He was certainly in the band when they signed to a major for (what was rumoured to be) an ungodly amount of money. There were so many good bands in Reading in the early 00s. nostalgic sigh

edit I have just learned that he was not, in fact, in the band at that time.

1 Like

The cooler?

Yes!

I only saw them once when some friends played a gig with them at the Barfly. They were fantastic and I bought a CD.

I never did see them again but I’d probably go to a reunion show.

1 Like

They supported hope of the states at the waterfront in Norwich 2004. I thought they were good, but HOTS were amazing that night.

1 Like

I never saw HOTS as well. That would have been a cool double bill.

1 Like

Oh my! That’s great news. ‘Goshen’s Remains’ is still one of my go-to songs (gorgeous, gorgeous). Shame the new album is not going to be more like the first album - I think PRR were better on that one that on the rest of the albums. Definietly would still like to see them live, let’s cross fingers for next year.

1 Like

the new album WILL be more like the 1st album:

“the material for the new album returns to a much more progressive sound & by doing the Dark Third in its entirety, it’s nice to remind ourselves of the genesis of PRR.”

1 Like

Misread it! Brilliant. Can’t wait. :smiley:

1 Like