Pusha T

Beat on ‘Let The Smokers Shine The Coupes’ is incredible.

This post paid for by PROF$.

3 Likes

First half of the album is shit hot, second half just pretty good. Ye’s stuff on this >>> The man can still make great music (that flip of ‘Jealous Guy’ on ‘Dreamin of the Past’ :smiling_face_with_tear:). Would like a Kanye album produced by Kanye rather than 120 other people at this point.

2 Likes

This is really good

It’s not bad. Not sure it’ll get many more listens as nothing really stands out for me. The Pharrell produced tracks are obviously the stand out ones, but still don’t stick out as particularly memorable on the first listen.

So good. Though the vocals are weirdly mixed in that track.

1 Like

yeah Pusha’s hook is a bit painful/in the red zone isn’t it

1 Like

‘On the bike like amblin’ :ok_hand:

This might rival Daytona. Pusha might be top 10.

Let the Smokers Shine the Coupes is my early standout (Diet Coke aside)

7 on 10 album innit. liked malice’s verse

Definitely not Daytona quality, but then what is. Like I said, first half is great, just solid thereafter. Also, while i do like a lot of Pharrell’s beats here, I just wanna hear Push over Ye at this point. Pretty much all his best solo material is with him (and here Dreaming of the Past, Diet Coke and I Pray for You are all standouts)

1 Like
4 Likes

Wonder if we’re finally gonna get a Clipse album after this. Couple of recent reunion tracks, Pharrell seems fully on board, think they were even scheduled to play live before the pandemic. All seems to be coming together. Finishing this album on the Clipse track somehow seems to point towards it, as does Malice’s closing bar (“put the ring back on her finger, marry it again”). Though obviously they would have their work cut out making anything to rival the first two records

3 Likes

what’s chad up to these days? need him in on it too, not just pharrel

2 Likes

Yeah, of course. Wouldn’t be a proper reunion without him. Think there’s been the odd song credited to the Neptunes over the last few years, but it’s probably been since the last NERD album that they were really working closely together.

1 Like

Had another listen today. First half is much stronger than the second, except for ‘Call My Bluff’, which is amazing.

All the features on it are, IMO, completely unnecessary except for Malice (obvs) and I do like that Jay-Z verse, which I haven’t said in some time.

Could have been a Daytona length album and lost none of the good tracks.

1 Like

Yeah could do without most the features. Ye gonna Ye which isn’t necessarily the vibe you want for a Pusha album. He stands out like a sore thumb on Dayotna and here he’s moaning about his divorce again. The Cudi track is fine but is a bit Donda outtake. Don’t mind Uzi Vert but it feels like they got to the end of it and didn’t have anyone born outside the 70s/80s involved so got him on the phone real quick for a verse.

2 Likes

Just played DAYTONA for the first time yesterday, what business did I have missing this record

Wrath of Caine was brilliant too, should really hear the new one before 2026

Like it when The Roots do this see Frank Ocean and Odd Future as well

1 Like

Great album - exactly what I wanted from him. Love how over the top all the coke references are.

3 Likes