Putting crisps in sandwiches

Always hated it whenever I did this. It’s awful.

3 Likes

Was an ok thing when you’re young but seems pointless now.

Just have the crisps separately.

2 Likes

Depends on the crisps and the sandwich but can be a very good thing imo

16 Likes

Bollocks to this.

Yeah I made this thread after I saw the advert for this

Doesn’t work at all, texture-wise.

1 Like

People who think crisp sandwiches are bad/pointless are objectively the worst people in the world

2 Likes
Summary

:fu:

8 Likes

Don’t even like crisps out of sandwiches m8

1 Like

That ad riles me almost as much as the McDonalds one where they act as if they invented the bacon roll.

1 Like

Also crisps that aren’t in a sandwich are shite

1 Like

Not really one for crisps in a sandwich, but tortilla chips inside a burrito? Now you’re in crunch town my friend

Depends on Crisp. Seabrook are the king of crisp sandwich.

Remember the first time hearing about this, absolutely thought someone was having me on, would not believe it was a real thing.

See also: chip butty

1 Like

Carb on carb orgie right there

2 Likes

Sometimes I’d get a ham and cheese baguette from Greggs and put some sweet chilli crisps in it. The crunchiness of the crisps (and they’re a particularly crunchy strain) goes really well with the texture of the sarnie. See also cheese and onion crisps bringing an easily accessible, oniony crunch to a boring old cheese sandwich. A useful part of the sandwich eater’s toolbox and NOT weird.

4 Likes

Amongst many sandwich experiments in my life, one of my most successful creations was ‘The Manatee’ - two thick slices of bread, buttered lightly, a packet of beef Hula Hoops arranged to fit on the bottom slice, then coated in a generous dollop of Marie Rose sauce. Pop top slice of bread on, then crush so the Hula Hoops break up. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Insightful post, would read again.

2 Likes

Crisps are shite in or out of a sandwich.

Plain tortilla chips though :+1:

crisp or chip sandwiches/rolls are utterly pointless

the whole point of chips is you need something tangy/flavourful to offset them

so why not get a…bread roll?!