Putting the music industry back into the hands of musicians

Are you sick of the current state of the music industry?
We’re building a grassroots industry that focuses on the most important aspects of music distribution:

-Creating great songs
-Making sure the greatest songwriting skills get rotation.
-Giving artist’s the resources they need to produce great tracks on a budget.

Navigate to www.ourindustry.net and submit your mp3 to get involved today!

alpha@ourindustry.net

Could you explain what this means, please?

I think it’s spelt Tom York.

You forgot proper haircuts mate. It’s all very well “creating great songs” but if the haircuts are shit, the music is shit.

You’ve done me there.

Haha,
The hair holds the powaaah!

Sure thing Epimer,

We move in a cyclical nature.
We close the dam doors and allow for an influx of song submissions.
We then invite all musicians back along with a new intake of users for a voting round.
We do this once that list of songs has reached a breach point.

The idea is to create an environment that encourages creative new approaches to writing, producing and releasing music. The resulting broadcast, airplay, marketing and distribution for popular projects will be pushed by the vote of the people.

“A grassroots movement (often referenced in the context of a political movement.) is one which uses the people in a given district as the basis for a political or economic movement. Grassroots movements and organizations use collective action from the local level to effect change at the local, regional, national, or international level. Grassroots movements are associated with bottom-up, rather than top-down decision making, and are sometimes considered more natural or spontaneous than more traditional power structures.”

Thanks.

Sounds shit.

I think the state of the music industry is actually good.

Kids these days have a more diverse range of tastes than ever before IMO and that is a good thing.

What exactly do you find “shit” about that process?

This bit:

Agreed, 100%.
There’s never been a better time to write and record music.
It’s about time the industry normalized back to the diction of the musicians and their fans.

I don’t understand the last sentence.

good luck with it but can’t see how its any better than uploading a song on Soundcloud, also do you intend to receive a percentage of the music?

No, absolutely not.
We don’t intend to profit from the music in any way.

If you don’t intend to profit in any way then you’re in the right industry

It means:
The decisions of the musician and how it’s received by the listener should effect the broadcast of popular tracks now that the internet has come of age. The use of payola money and a targeted marketing budget is becoming obsolete.

Broadcast where though?