Q3 Last.fm Inspection 2022

Generally agree, although there have been some poor updates over the years which caused a fair amount of people to drop out. Main thing I miss is the friends activity feed, really odd thing to remove. There’s no in-the-moment feature that drives interaction between users now. But still, I love nerding out over the stats and love that they’ve added the ability to edit scrobbles & apply changes to future scrobbles, removes a lot of headaches.

2 Likes

Being able to edit scrobbles is a blessing and a curse. I’ve deleted thousands of bad scrobbles in years past and now lament their loss - can’t ever get them back. But now I feel like I spend way too much time fastidiously correcting everything I have left and adding artwork (most of which are my own scans) to everything else.

Basically, Spotify is fucking shit and has wreaked havoc on id3tags forever.

6 Likes

Agree, I spend way too much time fixing shitty Spotify tags as well. Never uploaded any album covers though. Great now I’ve got another task.

Pre-editing, this was one deciding factor in what I would download vs what I would continue streaming. Ended up downloading more hip-hop than anything, since that’s where the streaming tags are most often incorrect, so I could play & scrobble with correct tags.

As for deleting incorrect tags, I think I only did if I was able to re-scrobble them correctly using something like VinylScrobbler or re-playing in iTunes when I wasn’t listening to anything.

Devo’d when last year they removed the capability to delete scrobbled tracks. Now all of m’s nonsense is on there forever, mostly elton john and some disney nerd called Milo Manheim.

Regardless here it is…

1 Like

All the Michael Jackson too :joy: Will my last.fm ever recover from this kid?

Omg delete has returned!!!

Pls no one look until like 34 hours from now when I’ve worked my way through the last several years and deleted her nonsense.

9 Likes

same as it ever was

1 Like

I don’t think the delete function was ever gone for me?

1 Like

Oh god, i used it all the time before as worse than M’s stuff is when my mum babysits when I have a tour and I’d come home to like 28 ed sheeran scrobbles so I was gutted when it went as I had no power over it anymore. So glad it’s back, going to be here all night though!

2 Likes

Really not had the time to give many repeat listens to much this year yet, but here is my list. Albums with lots of tracks leading the way, Silvana Estrada and Kojey Radical amongst the highlights of the year so far.

1 Like
2 Likes

That hgatr 65days really had an impact!

Surprising list.

1 Like

Cities Aviv and Powerplant are disproportionately high due to so many tracks on the albums I’ve only played twice, really.

Followed some of yous, too, not that there’s any real advantage to that anymore.

This was fun because I sat there wondering who on earth Lucas Pope was and how I’d ended up this way

Of course! He’s the guy who did The Return of the Obra Dinn and those scrobbles are all on account of him finally putting the soundtrack up on Spotify. Ha!

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like