• Wales
  • Uruguay
  • Other

0 voters

39 Likes

In a way it feels like wales won’t ever leave us

3 Likes

Brave, defeated Wales players applauding the Red Wall for an eternity

Reckon USA Netherlands is the toughest to call other than Japan Croatia. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if the US did it (obv really hope they don’t)

1 Like

Netherlands haven’t looked great and USA defended very well against England. Can see them playing similarly and grinding out a win.

Australia have looked decent but I worry about them being able to score more than 1 goal in a match. Unlikely they’ll keep a clean sheet too, even though their back-to-back 1-0 results will be encouraging. Maybe Argentina will boss it 3-0 but the tournament has had strange results and it’ll be easy for Australia to be underestimated (like Saudi Arabia were, granted that match was very odd!).

Think I have enough enthusiasm to start to tune into these now, barely registered the group stages

Shame I was out and missed all the Japan germany drama though

What happened with Uruguay?

They won 2-0 yesterday and looked like they were going through (against Ghana of all teams, which is dramatic due to 2010 and Suarez’ handball etc) but South Korea scored to go 2-1 up against Portugal.

That goal put both SK and Uruguay level in 4 points and goal difference, but SK ahead on goals scored. Ghana missed a penalty too so Uruguay must have felt like it was ~destiny~

7 Likes

Lovely stuff

22 Likes

I don’t think it’s healthy, given much of the toxic masculinity in football, to be making fun of men crying - especially given the high stakes drama & emotion. But I’m happy to make an exception for the bitey, cheating racist prick

14 Likes

Not much to report from the Dutch camp.

Everyone is fit, even though an unspecified number of players are suffering from a minor cold. Van Gaal is expected to start with the same 11 as in the Qatar game.

The Oranje army will be very small, only some 1,000 supporters are left to cheer the team.

:confused:

3 Likes

Feel like I’ve missed something with the Ghana love in. They’ve been shite.

7 Likes

Just seen Switzerland’s logo

What a fucking mess

6 Likes

It’s a really thin line between wanting the smaller nations to go through and ending up with a shite tournament. Bit like in the FA Cup when the Big Six getting dumped out feels like a positive thing but then you get a Portsmouth v Cardiff final.

9 Likes