Qatar 2022: day 4 ⚽

Come on the Atlas Lions! (Morocco)

Scenes in Rotterdam will be pretty spectacular if they manage to get a result.

2 Likes

What a lot of people don’t realise about Morocco is that they were considered one of the best national football teams in the world when they ranked 10th in the FIFA World Rankings in April 1998, as the first African national team in history to be ranked by FIFA in the top ten national football teams. They are also the only African national team in history to have been at the top of the FIFA World Rankings for three consecutive years, by FIFA from 1997 to 1999. As of October 2022, Morocco is ranked as the 22nd best national team in the world.

3 Likes

Do like a sideways stance for the anthems. Wonder whether Croatia were planning to do it anyway, or whether they saw Morocco doing it and got rattled.

Nordin Amrabat!
Dejan Lovren!
Sofiane Boufal!

World Cup!

1 Like

Lot of talk about the ultimate World Cup team, but I reckon Luka Modrić is one of the ultimate World Cup players

2 Likes

My neighbourhood’s about 20% Moroccan i think

Gonna walk around the block and do a flag audit in a bit

Shame Turkey didn’t qualify

1 Like

Andrej Kramaric!

1 Like

$2 on Perisic first goal, let’s do this :croatia:

Absolutely hate how nice a lad grealish is

Reel from England

5 Likes

Is Hartson doing every game?

Quite liked Hartson during the Wales game, not sure I’ve got the energy for Hartson three days in a row

3 Likes

3 Likes

He’s really shit. During the Wales game it was fine because it was like the old sky sports fanzone commentary thing. As a neutral he’s rubbish

1 Like

Suppose as DiS’ resident Germany fan (nope, I don’t think there’s anyone else on here who supports German), I better get limbered up for 1pm

3 Likes

Oh its a different Amrabat. That’s a shame

He’s one of those who clearly doesn’t do any research either. Not expecting Guardian level wonkery for terrestrial tv, a bit of effort wouldn’t go amiss though.

Croatia are usually one of those annoying teams that play to the level of their opponents aren’t they

Dunno if this is still the case actually

2 Likes

Or actually watching the game he’s commentating on. was a point yesterday when he started saying that the game was over, whilst obviously still being played

love Hakim Ziyech :heart: