⚽ 🗺 Qatar 2022 Day Two: Our brave and beautiful Lions, oh and the Welsh

Going all in on this one pals. 3-2 Wales. Nerves going haywire and defenses the worst part, but we’ll play out of our skins and I’ll be a weeping mess.

4 Likes

Welcome to the board EVan AdVantage

1 Like

433 and maguire starting…jesus :smiley:

1 Like

Maguire’s full of beans. Plus boiled eggs, soldiers and plates of just custard

2 Likes

Quite the statement to have Maguire starting even with 4 at the back. Think the rest of the team’s quite good though.

Even despite all the reasons for it making sense, it is a bit nuts that England are playing in a World Cup, in under an hour and…nobody really cares? Not talking about here, just generally.

1 Like

get Grealish on!

4 Likes

Don’t mind that lineup. Would probably have gone with Foden or Grealish instead of Saka just because there’s not going to be any room behind them but otherwise fine

“We spies, we slow hands” :smirk: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grimacing:

Untitled34566745

7 Likes

Saka comes up against that sort of thing most weeks for Arsenal and delivers time and time again. Also has the benefit of having actually performed well for England before, unlike the other two.

2 Likes

Yeah fine with the team. Hope they all snog each other

Think the pace/ability to move the ball quickly will be important, I’m pleased Saka’s in (would have been happy with Foden for Mount)

Yeah probs just a preference thing. Think Grealish especially makes sense to have as a sub. Think I just love Phil Foden too much really, lineup makes sense

should’ve made Maguire captain, let him take the booking and then he’ll inevitably get another, get a suspension and England don’t have to play him

1 Like

get Mings on!

Foden on the bench at least gives us the option of bringing on someone who could make a genuine difference to the game.

Hope the Iranian lad does the somersault throw in thing

8 Likes

https://media.tenor.com/Z_yQnKZ1EG4AAAAd/milad-mohhamadi-throw-in.gif

10 Likes

And a Somerset throw in thing. Would be nice to see some cheese rolling.

That Manchester fan Park footage :smiley:

4 Likes

Southgate is definitely one of the most clueless people in football. Really hope he’s binned off soon.

1 Like