Qatar 2022 Third Place Playoff 'The Big One' πŸ‡­πŸ‡· πŸ‡²πŸ‡¦

It’s time for Croatia vs. Morocco! Again!

• Croatia
  • Morocco
  • Couldn’t give less of a shit

0 voters

I never really understand why this game exists.

(I’m referring to both the 3rd place game and football in general)

8 Likes

To determine which nation is the 3rd best in the world

And 4th

8 Likes

For those all-important FIFA ranking points innit.

1 Like

Wouldn’t normally be bothered by this fixture in the slightest. But it would be nice for Morocco to win

6 Likes

Cash prizes for your relevant association mostly, which both countries could do with. Also it would be an amazing achievement for Morocco to be the first African nation to get a podium finish, plus I’m not quite done seeing that team once again so should be a good match. Plus effectively Modric’s testimonial

4 Likes

Also polite reminder that Germany vs Uruguay in 2010 was arguably the best game of the tournament :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Obviously the third place playoff never exists but a third place playoff at the end of a condensed world cup, in the middle of the season, between 2 knackered/injured squads has potential to exist less than any world cup game has previously existed.

Think it’s only fans of actually successful teams + england that don’t care about the 3rd place playoff

Morocco will be well up for it today

6 Likes

Belgium pantsing England in 2018 was good too

7 Likes

I’ll have to take your word for it :wink:

Edited my bastard title and everything to accommodate and then a new ones already been made

6-nil Morocco

2 Likes

Really is fantastic an African team is now able to go toe to toe with the so called β€˜big boys’, it really is Morrocco’s modern life

2 Likes

And who can forget Netherlands 3 - Brazil 0 in 2014, in Brazil?

Croatia will absolutely banjo Morocco.

5-1.

Look at you all talking as though these games have continued to exist beyond the final whistle.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The thinking man’s final

Fun fact: Hakim Ziyech and Achraf Hakimi will both have made 10 World Cup appearances after today, and are joint record holders for Morocco. They will join 5 other African players who reached double figures: Asamoah Gyan (11, Ghana), François Omam Biyik (11, Cameroon), André Ayew (10, Ghana), Joseph Yobo (10, Nigeria) and Roger Milla (10, Cameroon).

2 Likes

Disappointed Domagoj Vida hasn’t got a start

1 Like