Qatar 2022 thread

What’s Paul the Octopus saying?

2 Likes

Currently have absolutely no plans to watch it, but we’ll see how that pans out.

England fans have arrived and are celebrating:

5 Likes
12 Likes

Nah, fuck this cup. I watch a bit but not a lot of football normally, but when the World Cup comes on I usually watch as many matches as humanly possible. This time round, I’ll be watching precisely none of it and if England win it I won’t be remotely excited about the fact.

1 Like

I’m on standby this week with work so I’ll need something to do at night whilst I’m unable to sleep due to stress.

Obvious I’m ACAB at all times, but I’m just a bit conflicted when Engerland cunts are getting a pasting.

2 Likes

Der Postillon: the German equivalent of The Onion.

Who says Germans can’t be funny?

5 Likes

Me watching English football fans getting their skulls smashed in by Spanish riot police in sun soaked town squares obviously having the time of their lives - I sleep

Anything else involving the police - real shit

6 Likes

Seem like a great bunch o’ banter lads, though sometimes it’s a bit lost in translation

Untitled345

1 Like

Tbf this is the only thing that makes sense.

Can’t wait for the first match, Qatar to win comfortably thanks to incredibly suspect refereeing. Might kill off any remaining enthusiasm for the tournament.

1 Like

I hope they get absolutely battered every match. Which is probably likely? No way they can get through without some unbelievable bunging occurring.

1 Like

Throwing this in here because it makes some really interesting points:

The gist, amongst other things, is that effort may be better placed pressuring our own government rather than Qatar. This excerpt is pretty interesting:

It’s just a baffling decision to have Qatar be the host, for so many reasons. I’ll be watching the world cup but I’ll be fucking grateful when it’s over.

6 Likes

They’ve got a decent enough record over the last couple of years. Imagine some dodgy reffing will. Take them to the last 16, maybe the qatarfinals!

1 Like

QatVAR

1 Like

Qatar you kidding me??

1 Like

Qatari Middle-age Riot Police