Qatar Semis - Never Mind

Never made one of these so I bet I fuck the formatting, live with it.

I’m sorry pals but we have to leave the past in the past, as our respective camps fold up their tactics fleeces and inflatable unicorns it is time to turn to the inevitability of the world cup drawing to a close.

First up the Battle of the Immortals. 2 men in their mid to late 50s do battle under the influence of premier grade magic frubes. What say you?

5 Likes

I for one am shocked that England are not involved in the semis

Might bet on a France Croatia final just cos it would be the worst possible outcome

Idea: the draw has to prevent a repeat of the previous final

• a good idea
  • not a good idea
0 voters
1 Like

Yeah, pretty sure it will be France v Croatia.

12 Likes

I believe it has been scientifically proven England can beat any teams but choose not to out of good manners and to bolster international tomato markets.

2 Likes

England let Scotland and the US win in the last 2 tournaments which is nice.

2 Likes

Was in Dubrovnik when Croatia tonked Argentina 3-0 in the group stage at the last World Cup. That was fun.

Reckon this Croatia are still at least as good (maybe better with Gvardiol) and somehow Modric hasn’t regressed, but you’d think/hope Argentina can give them more of a game this time. They were an absolute shambles under Sampaoli then - think that was the game where Messi looked like he was nursing a migraine during the anthem.

England have never contributed anything positive to tomato markets and you know it

2 Likes

Enjoying you fucking with the day format here @Ruffers

Given everyone here’s horse is now out the race, still invested DiS*?

• YES WORLD CUP FEVER LIVES (UNTIL SUNDAY) BABY AWOO
  • Not as interested but it’s something to do isn’t it
  • Am oot

0 voters

*I considered posing this question to England fans but thought that was a bit mean/that covers most of you anyway

I missed all the quarter finals aside from the Brazil Croatia extra time and pens. I think I’m over it.

It’s not top-level Champions League in terms of the level, but the Messi/Argentina narrative as compelling as anything you’ll get in football. All the tension and melodrama, can’t look away.

Same applies to Morocco in a different sort of way.

Find Croatia and France a lot less interesting. Praying it’s not a repeat final.

4 Likes

I’d quite like to see Lionel Messi cry. I know that’s mean, but hard to not have developed a taste for it over the last week and a half. Don’t think Modric crying would scratch the same itch.

2 Likes

This post paid for by PROF$.

12 Likes

Modric would look like a medieval icon if he started weeping. Probably inspire a religion or something.

9 Likes

Agreed, both semis are very interesting, simultaneously all in on the Messi #narratiive and wanting him to cry lol

Would be terrible if Morocco beat France and then got Old Manned by Croatia in the Final

I’m gonna go for a heroic and unlucky loss for Morocco v France, Croatia Old Manning Argentina, Morocco pasting a cba Messi in the Bronze match to come third & France beating Croatia 5-3 in normal time in the most exciting World Cup final to never have existed

Then we can all go back to local oilball & breath a sigh of anti-bants

4 Likes

Is that happens after 2018’s first decent final since the 80s they should just have France v Croatia always be the World Cup final

https://twitter.com/jaydmharris/status/1602622543889850371?t=HENcfQ4WvGm_KvQm0IFHUA&s=19

Gates were due to open for ticket sales at 10am local time outside the Al Janoub Stadium, however, by 12pm only a limited number of stalls had been opened.

Surely you’d open sales as early as possible to stop people being stuck out in the heat. They’re clearly having problems with just one group of fans travelling in decent numbers. Thankfully there aren’t significant numbers from other countries.

Croatia winning the world cup would be cool imo
Anyone but France really but they’ve grown on me a bit too

4 Likes