Queen

First 4 or 5 albums are decent, then they just got daft.

thought you were talking about Queen there

4 Likes

i spotted someone wearing some merch after they played here recently with the guy they have singing currently. for some reason i found the t-shirt really funny

surely for a big Queen fan having a little “+ Adam Lambert” added to the front of your Queen t-shirt is just incredibly annoying

5 Likes

I like a lot of Queen tracks but I could never call myself a fan of them. Not sure why but it’s probably just too many people I didn’t like who were into them over the years and maybe stuff by the surviving members.

Went along out of curiousity and it was a fucking banging set. Highlight of the festival.

theyre great fun and have loads of great songs that i would never knowingly choose to listen to

1 Like

Whether you like their music or not is really up to you and the only way to find out is to listen to their albums (personally I recommend the first six and the Innuendo from 1991). On a broader note one useful gift to society from Queen is to highlight who the dickheads and posers are on music. As a rule of thumb if ever I read of someone slagging off Queen they are almost always a dickhead who thinks they are on a pedestal to everyone else by championing bands such as Sonic Youth or the sound of twenty plus minutes of Mogwai noise while hanging around their click sucking up to the likes of the Redneck Manifesto. You know who you are.

Fucking love Queen. Up yours the lot of you.

4 Likes

Love Queen. Got every one of their albums.
First six albums are incredible then it becomes a bit hit and miss, although The Works, The Miracle and Innuendo have a lot of great tracks.

Never got to see them live but I did got to the Freddie Mercury tribute gig at Wembley in '92.

Freddie Mercury is the greatest frontman there’s ever been.

1 Like

Don’t mind Queen, but I really cannot take Brian May seriously. What kind of pranny goes on Desert Island Discs and picks not one but two tracks he appears on?

Welcome to the boards!

2 Likes

Oh they’re great. Sometimes I just want music that goes all out.

2 Likes

Shit but nostalgia makes me like their Flash Gordon and Highlander stuff.

yeah but those 3 bands are much better than Queen though aren’t they

5 Likes

they’re just different bands.

This person seems a bit rude though!

2 Likes

Not in my book!

It’s all opinions maaaaan.
Even Queen diehards can’t like Adam Lambert though right?

1 Like

i just want to see if he calls me a dickhead

(but they are also better)

1 Like

Personally I don’t like Sonic Youth, they sound like they can’t write a song or play their instruments, musicians should be able to do at least one of those things.

2 Likes