Questions about Ikea

I love ikea more than I love most members of my family.

That being said, why are their labels so big??

1 Like

This guy looks the business

10 Likes

I’ve only been in one once and didn’t enjoy it though sadly, so can’t help you.

So when they get back to port they can Scandinavian!

10 Likes

I wanted to buy that bear, I was all geared up to buy that bear, but he was out of stock.

I’m an adult woman so I bought a massive elephant instead. My bed is 80% stuffed animals.

5 Likes

I like the food and the mattresses but the rest of it is junk

Had to stop visiting the Ikea food hall after I ate half a pack of their gingerbread dough as car snack on the way home.

1 Like

i just got the djungelskog rug for under my desk, it’s got a crocodile on it.

1 Like

Love IKEA. We used to get the grandparents to babysit in the evening and go there as a little date night treat.

3 Likes

Someone once told me that IKEA sell loads more vases in the US that in other countries because their actual cups aren’t big enough for Americans, so they drink out of vases. Not sure if that’s true, but I’m choosing to believe it is.

5 Likes

Not sure about the labels but I love IKEA, always have done, always a good time. Lived by one during my 1st year at university and used to go often as they discounted adult meals to £1 after 6pm, it was great

dime bar almond cake/tart thing is ridiculous , wonder if you can get them delivered

1 Like

I found out about the names of products recently. Each product has a theme to help the founder, who has dyselxia, remember the products

• Bathroom items: Names of Swedish lakes and bodies of water
  • Linens: Flowers and plants
  • Bedroom and Living Room Furniture: Norwegian places
  • Bookcases: Professions and Scandinavian boy’s names
  • Bowls and Vases: Swedish place names, adjectives, spices, herbs, fruits, and berries
  • Boxes, Pictures, and Wall Decorations: Swedish slang expressions and Swedish place names
  • Children’s Products: Mammals, birds, adjectives
  • Desks and Chairs: Scandinavian boy’s names
  • Fabrics and Curtains: Scandinavian girl’s names
  • Outdoor Furniture: Scandinavian islands
  • Kitchen Accessories: Fish, mushrooms and adjectives
  • Lighting: Units of measurement, seasons, months, days, shipping and nautical terms, Swedish place names
  • Rugs: Danish place names
  • Sofas, Chairs and Dining Sets: Swedish place names
14 Likes

You get it frozen in Tezbots

1 Like

YES. I fucking love it so much. In fact, the last time I was there I was with a couple and I said “this would be a great first date” and that started another argument

3 Likes

you can get them out in the wild too, sure most supermarkets have them

1 Like

Wonder if the Danish rug thing is a compliment or an insult

never seen them in tezzers here (i have looked) :pensive:

Lighting needs some serious restructuring.

1 Like

I went through a phase of having to drive down to Bicester from Manchester every few weeks. I used to call in at IKEA in Birmingham to break the journey and get some food and pick up anything that was on the ‘IKEA list’