Questions about Ikea

Hmm, I can’t remember where I’ve seen them but I’ll take notes next time I see any

1 Like

They’re usually in the vegan/free-from bit

I love Ikea, I love it so much. I know people can be a bit like ‘Oh you don’t want your home to look like you’ve just got it all in Ikea,’ but do you know what? I find it really comforting and it all goes together, so maybe I would like my home to look like that! I must be in a tiny majority that finds Ikea actually a really calming experience

5 Likes

But seriously, does anyone know why all their labels are so massive??
Obviously great for a number of reasons but I’m forever cutting them out

Cant understand the love for IKEA, n
ever had more than a thoroughly miserable time when going to one of their stores

Being herded like cattle amongst some labyrinth punctuated by plastic cutlery and loads of beds Ill never buy

yeah I don’t think they make it across the water (apart from to ikea) for some reason

When I’m in Ikea with someone I like to point out all the things that I have from there. “Look, I’ve got those lamps on my bedside table”, etc. Something that I enjoy.

1 Like

Readability maybe? Probably something really dry to do with scanning efficiency when ranging items or suchlike

1 Like

Almost all of our house is from IKEA. Dgaf

It’s fairly good quality, fair prices, easy to purchase/build. Looks pretty decent. Fairly ethical/sustainable company.

3 Likes

Fun to build, too!

3 Likes

Exactly. I just need things to store things in, eat off, sit on. I don’t have a lot of money. It looks nice, I quite like putting it together, it’s affordable to me and doesn’t fall apart (unless I put it together wrong). What’s not to love

I reckon I’ve got about a 70/20/10 IKEA/Dunelm/John Lewis split going on.

1 Like

I remember looking around somewhere on Rightmove and being amazed that someone has actually bought one of those lamps that looks like the Death Star.

I hate being in Ikea but like building the furniture.

“and this is my son, Kallax”

3 Likes

And it lasts too in terms of style, its very neutral and can be styled to suit your tastes, love that

2 Likes

If money/mortgage was no object I’d happily go into an IKEA building handyman trade. In general IKEA furniture comes apart easily which is great for moving house.

Pro tip - in customer services they usually have a rack with spare parts so you can take a few extra parts if you need any.

Don’t bother panel pinning the backs onto wardrobes, buy some small screws which can be removed/reused much more easily

1 Like

Yeah something like Kallax is so timeless.

2 Likes

Come on, that’s a great name. I’d love to be called Kallax.

1 Like

It’s his older brother Expedit that deserves the sympathy

5 Likes

I would like the ability to accurately check stock levels both before I go and when browsing in store. I never come away with everything I want because the warehouse bit is usually half empty.

It’s fine apart from that though.