Quick Poll

When DiSsing at work do you…?

• Use my work computer
  • Use my phone

0 voters

98% of my DiS posting is done from my phone, which is why I don’t make a lot of typing wood

3 Likes

I use both. sometimes when I’m using DiS on my PC and I get a little bit bored, let’s say it’s a slow day, for example, I pick up my phone to see what going on on there and nearly every time my first instinct is to open up chrome and hit up a DiS tab, normally takes me a good 30 seconds to realise what I’ve done too.

2 Likes

inb4 why not both

2 Likes

Also do this, usually followed by me thinking, “holy fuck I should do some work,”

1 Like

That’s what I am thinking. But sometimes I want to compose a longer reply during the day and I just cba to type on my phone.

2 Likes

In my workplace they’re happy with us using the internet/work laptop for personal use so long as we deliver what’s expected of us. If I wasn’t doing my job well then they’d no doubt ask IT to see what I was up to though.

1 Like

yeah but screw it. you only live once, and I’m damned if I’m gonna live without skiving

4 Likes

I feel quite strongly that if I am getting my work done (which I am) then my work should not mind if I look on my phone/use the internet from time to time during the day. I am an adult ffs and it’s 2019.
However, I would not want them reading what I write on DiS… when our IT policy was explained at our induction the IT manager said they do not look at what we are doing on the internet unless there was a disciplinary matter. Can’t help being a bit paranoid though. I am obviously talk more openly here than I do with work colleagues.

2 Likes

I’m the only person doing my role in my company. I’m a maverick, a lone ranger, an individualist, a frightfully lonely person, I please a lot of people and they keep making me please more people. They (touch wood) don’t seem to care how I get it done or where I get it done, because I get it done, and mark my words, I get it done.

2 Likes

They have actually told us they don’t look at what we do online so it would be a huge breach of trust if they were actually snooping.
I wouldn’t want to work for a company who were keeping tabs on me like that.

You please a lot of people do you?!
Harlot.

1 Like

This really. my boss doesn’t care either. I can do a more than competent job in around 20 hours of my 40 hour week. I’m a lucky twat.

nobody would ever look and if they did they wouldn’t care

I do. An ever increasing number of people.

I’d always be scared of the thing @Gnometorious said of it maybe being something that could be looked at in disciplinary procedures and used against you. Even if generally no one would give a fuck.

At 3:53pm on April 3rd, you liked an offensive post by user ‘balonz’

well that’s cleared that up

1 Like

More so that you have been spending x hours doing non-work stuff when you should have been working (even if you habe got your work done).

Basically having been through bs disciplinary stuff I know employers will use any possible stick to beat you with if they want you gone.

3 Likes