Quick survey

When you were a kid and making cakes with yer mum or yer dad or yer caregiver, did they allow you to lick the bowl/spoon and eat the delicious cake mix residue?

• Yes, they did, thanks for asking
  • No, they did not, thanks for asking

0 voters

Best part of making a cake. Nowadays I give my son the ‘you shouldn’t be eating raw egg’ line and scoff it all myself. Little tip for you there.

6 Likes

The cake mixture usually tasted better than the resulting cake

1 Like

nobody ever made cakes when I was a kid :frowning:

1 Like

Also: cleaning out cake mixture from a bowl was what spatulas were made for

In a damning indictment of how much I was an irritating child…when making cakes at my friend’s house I told his mum off for offering us the mixture to eat.

2 Likes

work once did this weird creepy thing where the boss had a “competition” where everyone had to make a cake and he would judge and award a winner.

I had never made a cake before, made a cheesecake and won!

2 Likes

just occured to me that’s a real shitty thing for a boss to do

mate come on!

“next weeks competition is to clean a room in my house.”

2 Likes

I think everybody got to eat the cakes but it was weird the whole “I will decide whose is best” thing

Already on it.

Are you baking it or not? You can make cheesecakes that just set it in the fridge but I think some need to go in the oven.

I think they did, but I don’t think I often asked for it, because cake batter is Not Very Nice hashtagbigopinions.

What I do remember though, is when my mum made biscuits (which she seemed to do more often than make cakes), she would use the last little scrap of dough to make a tiny biscuit which was “Rabbit’s biscuit” (Rabbit being my favourite toy), which, actually, was my extra biscuit. I once pointed out Rabbit didn’t have a mouth to eat his biscuit and my mum stitched him one. Mum’s are great.

4 Likes

just sounds like a bit of work place fun to me.

1 Like

yeah probably was but I can’t help but think maybe it was an authority/power thing that he enjoyed

maybe he just massively liked cake and didn’t want to pay for any of it !

2 Likes

also a strong possibility

Whether or not it gets baked is not my cake test, but it IS my cheesecake test. Glad we’re clear on that.

1 Like

n/a