Quick translation question (rolling)

yeah, I agree with this now. Doing something without the audience seeing that you are doing it.

1 Like

I like how in German it’s Fingerfertigkeit- “finger readyness”

Yeah, we have a similar word, but doesn’t quite hit the spot in this context I’m afraid. Thanks anyway!

Oh and @hip_young_gunslinger, I’m fairly certain I have never heard that word before in my life, bu thanks for trying :joy:

I guess it depends on whether it’s emphasising the dexterity or trickery aspect. Like you can talk metaphorically about political or financial sleight of hand

1 Like

It’s a good word!

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely about the trickery, it’s a blurb for a film about a swindler. Don’t want to use anything emphasising the word “fingers” or similar to be honest as in the 75 characters at my disposal I also have to cover a romantic relationship :smirk:

If it helps, when it’s used in a metaphorical context it’s to emphasise that the trickery is very smooth and barely visible on the surface, like a magician’s well-practiced trick.

1 Like

Added fun fact for you: We use the word fingerspitzgefühl in Norwegian too, just adopted as is from German. Not super common, but completely fine to use in conversation.

1 Like

Found a decent way to rephrase it, so thanks everyone! See you back here next time.