Quiet Quitting

Or as it was traditionally known, doing your job to order.

Seriously though I do the bare minimum and can’t understand why anyone would do anything else.

Just a load of bounding bollocks, isn’t it?

19 Likes

We’re running a session on “sustainable high performance” at work and it’s basically going to be “doing exactly what is required of you is absolutely fine” as there’s a bit of a culture of silent overworking which isn’t good imo

Very young team (lots fresh outta uni) so I think a lot of people feel the same pressure as e.g. writing a thesis.

1 Like

Job to contract. My 1st boss espoused it lived by it ever since.

3 Likes

Yes. Shouldn’t even be giving it credence by acknowledging people pretending it’s a thing.

28 Likes

I’m a bit of a jobsworth, tbh. Find doing the bare minimum at work more taxing mentally than getting stuck right in, weirdly.

At the same time, probably a pretty provocative commie, so kinda FUCK THE SYSTEM but quite obedient.

Is that what we’re talking about?

1 Like

Bye

Hmm, that “high” sounds a bit demanding to me!

Sustainable average performance when

don’t you dare quiet quit my thread

3 Likes

I SAID BYE

1 Like

I mean I’ve been phoning it in on here for years

4 Likes

Yeah the phrasing is because everyone is meant to be “high performing” by default (bullshit, I know) because aren’t we all so fabulous.

3 Likes

as per that meme posted the other day, I’ve done jobs that were tantamount to robbery in terms of the work I actually did and completely got away with it. managers actually complimenting me on how much I’d got done etc too.

quite a lot of work just feels like theatre imo.

26 Likes

Wait until you hear about Earth-shatteringly loud, sonic boom quitting.

YOU CAN’T FIRE ME 'CAUSE I QUIT

Working in a profession where competitive misery and martyrdom is rife I very much agree with the idea of this though.

Amused by people who spend the majority of their working lives in an internet site arguing about nonsense not seeing this as an already happening thing.

10 Likes

i give my job the attention it deserves

3 Likes

Shhh Slacking

Working with a lady at the moment who refuses to close the building at 4.30 cause that’s when her shift ends and she has to get the keys back to security which takes her about 30 mins

So she gets everything closed at 4 and if the building is closed I guess I have to go home.

11 Likes
3 Likes

I do a bit more than I should because I don’t get paid enough and this seems to be the best way of going about getting paid more.