Quietus 100 albums of 2022 so far

No Momma?

No CLH?

NO CONFIDENCE MAN?

Get out of town.

3 Likes

Laddio Bolocko is a good name.

3 Likes

Anyone listened to Caroline? That sounds like it could be interesting.

3 Likes

Yes, I quite liked it but it hasn’t really stuck with me. I seem to remember from the new release threads that at least a couple of posters were into it.

2 Likes

Yeah feels like I really should read it more and/or give them some money.

1 Like

9/100.

(87) Whatever The Weather - Whatever The Weather
(77) Ethel Cain - Preacher’s Daughter
(54) Porridge Radio - Waterslide, Diving Board, Ladder To The Sky
(50) Rosalía - MOTOMAMI
(44) The Sound Of Science - The Sound Of Science
(41) Kelly Lee Owens - LP.8
(35) Batu - Opal
(15) FKA twigs - CAPRISONGS
(8) Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

Definitely the more mainstream side of that list. There’s a few on there I haven’t checked out yet and some that look intruiguing on first glance but I suspect it’ll be worth checking out every bandcamp link over the next few weeks.

Yeah would have thought it would be one of the more commonly heard ones off the list! Absolutely loved a handful of tracks, though the more improvised, less structured ones didn’t do loads for me. Saw them playing in the round a few months back which was pretty special

But this song and performance are spine tingling

3 Likes

The spoken word bit at the end of Waiting Room by KinseyLloyd is my favourite thing this year

Yeah Caroline are pretty good. I’ve been listening to them a bit recently as they are at latitude.
Mainly instrumental, a bit like bsp soundtrack stuff but not as melodic.

1 Like

Yesss!
So glad to see Brian ennals and infinity knives at number 27!
I didn’t know they had done something else together but I got into ‘Rhino xxxl’ from 2020 the other day and it’s fantastic - and no one listens to them!
:grinning:

:+1::+1::+1:

My AOTY so far

Absolutely love that - it’s fantastic.

1 Like

Caroline is easily one of my favourites of the year. Superb.

4 Likes

Only listened to 9 of these. Hipster licence revoked.

1 Like

Heard of about 20:of those acts but only actually listened to 2 of the albums - Kelly Lee Owens & Claire Rousay. Normally know a few more than that from their lists but haven’t been keeping up with new releases as much as normal this year tbh. Definitely a couple of those I’ll check out though.

1 Like

Need to listen to Ethel Cain more

2 Likes

I’ve heard of 20 of these. Quietus are selling out.
I haven’t enjoyed any of the albums here I’ve heard so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve heard thirty-six of them and I also know about the Sea Power one but refuse to listen to it as it’ll be shite.

This Post Paid For By PROF$

1 Like

Been on it for the last week. Some really beautiful/powerful moments. Sun Bleached Flies especially

this is cool. Like how muted it all is, like they want to make bangers but can’t because the neighbours will complain