Just an unbelievably good band yeah?

13 Likes

Yeah

1 Like

yeah yeah yeah yeah

7 Likes

Yeah, tons of great tunes.

2 Likes

Top, top band. So unbelievably consistently good.

3 Likes

Another vote for yeah

2 Likes

Had Near Wild Heaven in my head for so long

5 Likes

Just remember all caps when you spell the man name

8 Likes

Yup

Can certainly get behind the sentiments in this here thread, yeah.

What a song.

Massive fan of this REM song in particular

7 Likes

The siren! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

often think I’m going to like them then I try to listen and it’s always disappointing, maybe it’s because the guitars seem really boring and chimey, I’d rather imagine their songs than listen to them.

just kinda wish it was michael stipe and a bunch of different musicians who made interesting music instead of just strumming midtempo open chords, obviously that’s subjective and I would probably overlook that aspect more if I had discovered them when I was younger

1 Like

Somebody post the 98 Jools Country Feedback video please. Again. Just the best thing ever.

8 Likes

yeah see I think Johnny Marr is a pretty boring guitarist and would take Vauxhall and I over any and all smiths stuff.

Different strokes of course x

1 Like

yup. I’ve actually gone back to them the last week or so for the first time in a bit.

I went and listened to Automatic again (after reading tQ article). I always treated it with a bit of disrespect. It’s the big album, with all the big singles you overhear, and I couldn’t bear to listen to Everybody Hurts again. But, it’s a great album and it felt fresh to hear it again.

I’ve also had Chronic Town on repeat. Mainly because I found a playlist somebody made on Spotify which has the version with the different vocal take on Gardening at Night. This is the version that was on the RSD vinyl copy I got a few years ago. It’s the version off Eponymous. Does anyone know which is the original version? Why does my RSD vinyl have a a different vocal? Did the band end up preferring it and used that instead?

1 Like

Also noting how Mike Mills was their secret weapon. Excellent bass player and a superb backing singer.

7 Likes

And songwriter…

1 Like