Radio 1 in the year 2000

I think 1999 and 2000 were the years I listened to radio 1 the most. And then the same for a bit of 2001 but I stopped after buying Hybrid Theory because after that, I decided I was too cool for commercial radio :sunglasses:

A couple of days ago one of the Radio 1 DJs from that time shared this picture which is all the staff in 2000 at the xmas party I think. How many can you recognise by their face alone?

Let’s work it out. I can see John Peel, Mark Goodier. I know who Dave Pearce and Trevor Nelson are cos it was Dave Pearce who shared it. Jo Wiley I’ve seen on tv enough to recognise, and Scott Mills I found cos I ended up reading about the Scott Mills bridge at Fleet services.

I reckon a full list of names is possible between us…

Chris Moyles must be in there and Sara Cox if she was on the breakfast show then, but I can’t see them?

The guy with curtains bottom middle looks familiar :thinking:

1 Like

1 Like

Colin Murray next to Steve lamacq on the left second row from the back.

3 Likes

I remember they did a singles review one year and asked Matt Bellamy what his thoughts were on Cosmopolitan Bloodloss by Glassjaw. He said he had never heard of them. Idiot

2 Likes

Back row, left to right: Mark and Lard in the cowboy hats; Annie Nightingale, ???, ???, Tim Westwood, Sara Cox, Jamie Theakston in front of her, ???, Emma B in the pink pullover

1 Like

Simon Mayo is the bottom left

1 Like

god so many names I recnogise, and now that I’m looking for them I realise I do recognise their faces cos eg. Theakston was a TOTP presenter

I think there’s a good few of them who are ‘sidekicks’ - Mark Chapman/ Chappers is two right from Sarah Cox on the back row.

1 Like

Judge Jules in front of Lamaq and Murray in the glasses on the left and Danny Rampling in a baseball cap near him.

2 Likes

Trevor Nelson talking to Rampling.

Quentin Tarantino meme bottom right

young Huw Stevens behind jo whiley

4 Likes

Why has no one mentioned Mary Anne Hobbs yet?
(In front of Jo Wiley)

4 Likes

The Big Dawg in the black sweater at the back next to sara cox!!

2 Likes

Nelson is talking to Dave Pearce - photo was shared by Dave Pearce

https://www.facebook.com/DavePearceOfficial/posts/358964118920831

3 Likes

Producer Aled is back right, then ???, Scott Mills.

Colin Murray next to Steve Lamacq, Andy Kershaw, ???, ???, Chris Moyles, Comedy Dave, ???, Huw Stevens,
Mikee B, and Timmi Magic from Dreem Team are either side of Judge Jules (I think), then Pete Tong, Nemone, Jo Whiley, ??? John Peel
???, Dave Pearce, Trevor Nelson, DJ Spoony, Mary Anne Hobbs
Simon Mayo, Mark Goodier, Fabio and Grooverider, Danny Rampling, ???

1 Like

She looked familiar but I now realise, I’ve never had any idea what she looks like. Can recognise her voice instantly tho. Bet a fair few people are the same with Mark Goodier

I’m on a macbook, if I’d been on a PC, would’ve gone into paint and added numbers by each person. Would make this much easier so if someone wants to do that, go ahead!

Yup, that’s Dave Pearce. Danny Rampling is the ‘Quentin Tarantino meme’ as @BobRickerton put it.

1 Like

I do remember them talking about when this photo was taken - Mark and Lard had to come down from Manchester and ended up hosting their show from there for a few days.