Radio X Best Of British 2021

How are the Cult in the top 20? It’s a good song but makes no sense.

Stairway to Heaven is good.

I’d need a grand minimum to listen to each Queen track.

I reckon 92% of the songs are by white men, and that is being slightly charitable in relation to acts like Faithless, Skunk Anansie and Massive Attack who each have white men in their ranks too - I’ve counted them all in the ‘diverse’ 8%.

1 Like

How are there five fucking Stereophonics songs on a list of 100?! If British music is, by definition, 1/20 Stereophonics we are fucked. Burn it down. Burn it all down.

3 Likes

Still stands!

One of Bob Dylan’s favourite groups

He can fucking have them.

3 Likes

If nothing else, this has reminded me to add Jamie T to the HGATR list (5/5)

5 Likes

Having looked them up, only two of their singles have ever charted in the U.K., one peaking at 195 and the other at 89. They have had three top ten albums though (!). Still pretty amazing that they have three songs in this list though. I can only assume that they are played on Radio X (I don’t intend to listen so that I can find out).

Went to the same school as Jamie T but he was only a nipper at the time. File alongside Tim Henman (twat) and Tom Hardy (seemed alright).

1 Like

That’s quite the trio.

Would be quite the night out I imagine

1 Like

Henman would ask for half a best and go home at 9pm.

4 Likes

I suppose they would just talk about their old posh school and it would be quite dull really

2 Likes

No Gerry Cinnamon?

8 Likes

I’m not trying to be mean and saying you are posh BTW - full disclosure I went to a public school also (and am objectively a bit posh)

1 Like

Tim, Tom

Can only assume the T in Jamie T stands for Tum

3 Likes

I’m sure I read something where Dan Skinner/Angelos Epithemiou said he went to the same school as Henman too. Was that the same place?

No worries! My parents sacrificed a lot to send me there and I hated it. Then like a self-loathing idiot I went and got a couple of scholarships instead of leaving for college like I should have done but at least it was a lot cheaper for my parents then. It’s just made me utterly convinced no child of mine will go through the same thing, frankly.

1 Like