Radio X's Best of Britain 2022

Here is a picture of Kylie Minogue, can you guess who it is?

1 Like

And #28 before you get to a female-fronted act (Wolf Alice).

1 Like

Opening a best of British 2022 list and seeing Comfortably Numb immediately has absolutely done me :smiley: :smiley:

14 Likes

best of luck to them in the charts this week

4 Likes

quite like that song actually, ahving listened to it for the first time right there. seemed fine.

but four Oasis songs in the top 10 is impressive

See now I’m confused. Was this thread @barleysugar saying it was his song of the decade, or the radio x one?

I made that thread with no knowledge of this list

I was also REALLY PISSED, EL VINO DID FLOW!!!

8 Likes

Resolve!

3 Likes

8 Likes

As somebody that only really heard Radio 2 in the 90s as a kid, what stations were regularly playing britpop/contemporary rock/alt rock?

Virgin? Some Radio 1 DJs?

Was just surprised at the amount of cultural blindspots my mum has even though she was in her late 20s and 30s in the 90s. She wasn’t super into music, but I’m surprised she never heard of Garbage or Smashing Pumpkins or Suede until recently.

Acquiesce should be higher tbf

Fish in a barrel stuff, but gets me every year.

5 Likes

had a chemistry teacher with a white streak in her hair and we called her ‘anansie’

(2 of the best songs in the list)

3 Likes

just listened to that song,sounds like springsteen but better

well done to sam fender

Evening Session on radio 1, britpop was a big part of the R1 main playlist at the time iirc and Atlantic 252 played quite a bit of American guitar music.

1 Like

this sounds like mumford and sons if their main aim was making songs for the bits between clips on match of the day

as noble an aim as any

3 Likes

I’ve got 68 of these songs! What a LAD!

1 Like

Sam fender should play jazz then he could call himself sam fender jazzmaster

6 Likes

I AM A MOUNTIAN
I AM A SEA
YOU CANT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME