Radiohead Public Library

2017 is the same had a look last night.

Sorry Thomas and The Radioheads, I don’t want to sound unrgrateful or anything but could we have this as an app please?

Ah yes. This is a tasty fan-made mostly-HD affair of the whole of the Glastonbury 1997 show.

3 Likes

I have a bootleg DVD of 2003 that I’ve played to death

3 Likes

That version of fake plastic trees is unbelievable.

3 Likes

Became intimately acquainted with that version before ever hearing the album version so the album version has always been underwhelming for me

Yeah I mean it’s obviously a tremendous song but it’s not what I go to them for these days.

I just remember watching the whole thing at a mates and as soon as the crescendo kicked in I had goosebumps.

1 Like

I’d been mildly interested in them and enjoyed them on Jonathan Ross a few weeks earlier but watching that show is what got me properly into them. Taped the BBC2 portion of the coverage cos me and my brother always taped loads of Glastonbury stuff. The whole show still has a certain magic for me

1 Like

Same here and then they played it in Dublin, wasn’t expecting it to be a highlight

2 Likes

Same in Edinburgh in '06. Goosebumps and watery eyes.

1 Like

I still have a bootleg double CD of the whole show somewhere. Played it to death and back in the year after the gig. First Glastonbury, first Radiohead show and first experience with certain intoxicants all in the same night. A heady brew. There’s a few pretty good YouTube’s of the whole show around. They all cut the acapella / crowd singalong of karma police out though…

3 Likes

Yeah I think BBC2 cut off at that point but I remember hearing the singalong on Radio 1

1 Like

I see they’ve gone and reprinted some of their classic t-shirts for this thing too. So long, January pay - I hardly knew ye…

Yeah I’ve been trying to decide on one. Definitely one of the classic Kid A ones that I always resisted for being too expensive and then was disappointed when they stopped selling them.

Think I’m gonna go for this nice plum colour

2 Likes

bit worried about the bottom text making people at work think i’m a school shooter type though

1 Like

That was on my shortlist along with the In Rainbows artwork one, but I just pulled the trigger on a classic Litigation Bear in blue.

I had this one, from I think The Bends tour at Manchester Academy. Would buy again!

2 Likes

Never going to be able to sell my copy of the Drill EP if people can actually hear what it sounds like.

8 Likes

The pop-punk version of Thinking About You is so shit

Yep