Radiohead vs Smashing Pumpkins

Style: Smashing Pumpkins win this. They always looked very cool and stylish.

Vocals: Have to give this to Radiohead, Thom was able to hit some very big notes back in the day.

Guitars: Billy is a better and more expressive guitarist than Jonny, this is plain to see for everyone, so Smashing Pumpkins wins this.

Artwork: Giving this one to Radiohead even though The Bends and Moon Shaped Pool look crap.

Drums: Smashing Pumpkins obviously.

Likeability: Giving this one to Radiohead even though they’re not really very likeable either.

Innovation: Think Smashing Pumpkins just have the edge here having brought back both the guitar solo and the drum machine a couple of years before Radiohead.

4 - 3 win to the Smashing Pumpkins!

9 Likes

Can you do some more of these?

1 Like

Think those are the only two bands, sorry

4 Likes

Aw shucks. Well, thanks for this one

1 Like

If I think of some other bands I’ll give it a try :kissing_heart:

McFly v Busted ?

1 Like

whichever has the line about your great great great granddaughter looking fit in the year 3000 loses

1 Like

always hated this line as the great great great grandaughter would be long dead by then

5 Likes

also society’s concept of beauty might have changed by then so he should keep his big mouth shut imo.

4 Likes

Could you do one of Smash Mouth vs Smashing Pumpkins please?

Almost a clean sweep for Smashing Pumpkins except for Innovation because I believe Smash Mouth invented Rap Rock that would go on to dominate the 00s.

2 Likes

220px-All_star

Artwork would be close

7 Likes

they’re kind of like a less dorky weezer

Also, not much has changed but they live underwater. That’s quite a big change imo.

2 Likes

Perhaps he was trying to highlight the immutable nature of the human condition

3 Likes

Whilst also leering over a skeleton.

1 Like

plus ça change

2 Likes

demanding a recount on style on the basis of the classic nein no non tee

2 Likes

Smashing Pumpkins have awful style, but also +1 for them having one of the best Simpsons cameos though, so who’s to say really.

Yeah but