Raffle prize receiving thread 🎁

We are badge bffs!

1 Like

By the way I have no idea what the original apology story is, I was just joining in

until the raffle antpoc was the only person marckee has ever apologised to in his whole entire life

1 Like

What was it for? Dissing Champ Manager?

2 Likes

@colossalhorse I demand more chocolate reviews

1 Like

I was going to do a roundup once I’d finally eaten the big Fazer bar I’ve been saving till last (since we postponed our movie night). Though the gf is away this weekend and I’ve been informed if I eat it while she’s away the wedding is off.

She wasn’t joking. Not even a little.

What was the triangular wafer and chocolate one called? I ate that last weekend after #somebeers and thought, “MY GOD THEY’VE PERFECTED THE WAFER AND CHOCOLATE COMBO! AND IT’S SHAPED LIKE PIZZA! THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!” and now I can’t remember if this was a dream or not. If it is indeed a thing I ate I’m gonna find a way to import lots of those ASAP.

Oh and the big fruit and nut one is the best fruit and nut chocolate bar out there. Their philosophy of cramming every possible bit of space with fruit and/or nut makes Cadbury look like a gang of stingy scumbags.

3 Likes

This one? You get big ‘coins’ like this and they’re cut into pizza-style slices. My step-mum is obsessed with them and I have to bring them home every time I go.

2 Likes

YES!

I was laid on my sofa in the dark at like 2am in chocolate heaven. It’s my new happy place to mentally drift away to in shitty meetings.

2 Likes

Oh fuck I had some of those in Marienbad when I was 16 and think about them often

2 Likes

£5 is the cheapest I can find them in the UK.

https://www.halusky.co.uk/czech-slovak-foods/kolonada-traditional-chocolate-wafers-208g.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2L7jBRCBARIsAPeAsaNxXvX2teBzb8vDhlHz_05bVC92QnJkzOeFamXlk5oR1ibt1VqRczIaAl4UEALw_wcB#.XG_-OaL7RhE

It’s a bit steep but I’m still tempted to blow the wedding budget on my own body weight in chocolate wafer goodness.

1 Like

received my prize today, what an excellent haul it is too

really looking forward to the norm one, he’s the greatest and I’ve heard nothing but good things about his book. thanks @anon26275971!

10 Likes

rightly so, it’s an excellent wizard. demolished the sour worms already :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

so

i live in London, @Matt_was_taken does not

he is happy for my offering to go back out into the big wide world of raffle prizes

not sure of the best way for it to be resistributed, any ideas?

my offer was:

The winner of this prize - and their plus one - gets to come to the cinema to see a mystery film with me, then go to the pub to chat about it.

(in London)

Never got my prize :man_shrugging:

i’m late to this but that’s a great haul. love a good Mint Crisp.

really want to try those Irn Bru Pastilles

2 Likes

I have been meaning to bump this thread actually to ask if anyone had not received their prizes yet, with the expectation though that some of the creative ones might take a bit longer in the making though.

Yours was from @chintzylacroix, right? She seemed to disappear again quite quickly, I am not sure what to do here.

A lesson learned for any repeat raffle though, I will only accept prizes from people who have been consistently around so I know they are more likely to follow through.

Maybe offering it back out to any people who didn’t get there prizes in the end, if there are more than just Jordan? (as I am aware he is also not in London, so it likely wouldn’t be practical for him either. If not maybe a poll to find people who would like the prize who can practically take it?

poll of those interested sounds very fair to me

1 Like

Yup. Life. I know Jordan IRL so I can sort it with him.

1 Like

No worries, sorry to summon you, I @ without thinking :persevere: