Rat Facts

I BET they ask soemthing like how much did it cost or how many rescue workers helped save that rat from the manhole cover (in germany?) this week. It was 8 men I think. You’ll have to Google the cost.

PLAY THE RAT!!!
#zonino
#thatothernightbamos*usedtoputon

*was it bamos or LLB or both of them? Was this Something Serious? How can my brain have fried itself so much in the space of 10 years? And other good questions…

1 Like

Woops wasn’t meant to be @anon45164313- more of a general comment!!

It’s alright. Happy to field all rat responses.

1 Like

rat in the bath :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

despite all my wrath, I am still just a

2 Likes

Right. I’m leaving the thread before I look too keen but one more thing…them squeaking in films is stupid. They only squeak if they get hurt so that’s a big myth that they just mull about squeaking like Hollywood wants you to believe.

FYI there are two types of rat ears. This type is called a dumbo rat. Can’t remember what a top eared is called though. Soz.

I was once set upon by two rats, they set me up good

Wow, they’re gorgeous.

just google image searched this and yeah, dont do that. nightmare fuel

1 Like

I definitely won’t.

got to say tho, rats are a great, great bunch of lads. we had to rehome our two boys (dr alan grant and dr ian malcolm, fyi) because the pup was too keen and they werent getting the exercise or attention they needed but they were very clean and affectionate and super cute. theyre not all like the ones you see in fallowfield that are the size of cats mugging students in the backstreets to steal their kebabs

Aren’t rats incapable of vomiting?

Also remember reading once (God knows where) that they can swim for five miles, tread water for two hours plus and can squeeze through a hole the size of a five pence piece. Maybe the old size ones.

No sure if any of that is verified mind.

Based on a very cruel experiment they did by drowning rats (quite recently) and then almost drowning others but saving them. They then measured if they were hopeful to be rescued a second time and they swam for 36 hours compared to 17 minutes…before dying of exhaustion :disappointed_relieved:

Also, unrelated but if you force them to be addicted to drugs then give them a choice once hooked they always choose to go cold turkey.

I love rats, look at their little hands!

2 Likes

looks how great they are!

1 Like

i love them

3 Likes

imagine the fun you could have making and designing fun little play areas for them!

1 Like

Mine could only do the spin trick really because they were lazy, but they loved fishing for peas and it’s great when they’re old as you can take them everywhere as they’re really placid/fat by then. Ukko used to come to the park with me in a little homemade sling or I’d put the others in my handbag and take them on tram rides. Fully aware this has all the hallmarks of being a bit odd, but they’re just like puppies and so amazing that it felt normal to take them on adventures with me.

My friend’s mum used to take hers to the cinema in her pocket. I reckon there’s a lot more covert pet rats in bags and pockets at any one time then you realise.

4 Likes