Rat thread 🐀 (rolling)

Sick and wrong that there’s a dog thread and a cat thread but no rat thread.
Please talk about your current & historical pet rats in here
@bunique @kermitwormit @Scout

These are my beautiful boys:

just cleaned their cage and gave them some green beans

24 Likes

They are so cute! What are their names?

1 Like

tony, didi and ernie (short for antonio, diego and ernesto)

4 Likes

Oh shrewbie they are so handsome <3 what a beautiful trio of ratty excellence.

Could only find one photo, this is one of the rats I’ve had- he was called The Artist Formally Known As and he was great. Such a friendly little fellow.

21 Likes

omg he’s ridiculously cute, looks like a cartoon

2 Likes

I’m going to spam this thread so much

5 Likes

Our girls. We’re a bit worried about Barbie (the girl on the left) as she’s really seemed to be slowing down recently :frowning:

14 Likes

I disturbed them to take the photo and did not come bearing food. I am in trouble.

3 Likes

they’re gorgeous :heart_eyes:
did you make that hanging basket thing? do they sleep in it?
i just bought mine a SPUTNIK and one of them loves it, other two aren’t that fussed

1 Like

They alternate between sleeping there, and sleeping in a hammock lower down, or another one made from the leg of an old pair of jeans. Always together though! Off to google a Sputnik!

2 Likes

Are we allowing rat relatives in, for example… gerbils?

1 Like

All rodents are welcome here

7 Likes

Sweet, furry babes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

18 Likes

15 Likes

14 Likes

Handsome prince looking depressed that I’m not around much at the moment (he loves me)

13 Likes

Apparently it’s a year today since I arrived home to find we’d rescued two rats in need of rehoming. They may absolutely hate being handled (except by the teenage boy who rat-sits for us sometimes) and spend most of their time fighting, but they can be super cute :heart:

12 Likes

Omg :sob: I love it when rats/gerbils do this, it is so so cute. Do rats also sleep in little piles? My absolute favourite gerbil thing (along with gerbil yawns and when they put a paw on you very assertively to show dominance)

They do :smiley: her sister was off stealing the apricots she’d hidden earlier in the day.

1 Like