Rat thread 🐀 (rolling)

Not ratties but our little mouse is getting so old now, lots of silver fur, a skinny face and he’s somehow got a hole in his ear. But my word he runs like the clappers in his wheel all night long.

10 Likes

Was convinced there were four rats in the picture.

Doesn’t Fig represent a huge, er, danger/stressor?

No, Cow loves him, the instinct-free idiot that he is.

1 Like

What does Fig think?

He watches with interest, he definitely wants to eat him but think is baffled by how Cow greets him and shows no fear so there’s some respect there.

When I had a cat and a hamster, the cat was definitely confused and wary of the hamster’s lack of fear. Generally the hamster totally ignored the cat. On one occasion though, the hamster was in her cage, clocked the cat prowling around and squeaked loudly and the cat legged it.

2 Likes

love these silly lads so much, they’re getting me through the pandemic single handed

have you ever seen such a cute boy

13 Likes

:heart_eyes:/:sob: so cute

Credit: Ellen van Deelen on Redbubble

8 Likes

These guys, these guys seriously

1 Like

where did she get that teddy?

a cute thing they do is burrow under stuff and then stick their little heads out when you call them

tony’s worked out how to jump on the radiator now though which is stressing me out cos he can get onto my desk from there, and chew up my cables and piss all over my keyboard

can’t stay mad at that face though

12 Likes

Amazing thread. As a teen I used to lookafter two absolute sweethearts called Otto and Elvis, they belonged to a neighbour. They were so cuddly and funny :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

mine are too energetic to be cuddly at the moment but apparently they get cuddly when they’re older, can’t wait

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this all day

1 Like

I like the bit at the end where it looks like he’s nibbling something in his sleep

1 Like

Ah that’s bruxing…what they do when they’re really content. Like purring.

2 Likes

Can I just take my garden rat in or are domestic ones different?