Rate every season of a drama series you like

How can you possibly rate anything lower than the last season? Honestly, I reckon this show had the most disappointing drop-off in quality, and the absolute worst ending possible. I didn’t want to wade through the last four season just to see him recording For Emma Forever ago while fucking Hannah takes his kid to Argentina Totally shitbox.

house of cards
s1: 8/10
s2 9/10 (i liked it, ok)
s3: 5/10
s4: 4/10

1 Like

casualty has had 30 series ffs.

how many window cleaners impaling themselves on spikes can there possibly be left?

1 Like

:joy: love that description of the end. although I actually don’t hate Emma Forever Ago as a last scene (everything leading up to it of course is trash).
For sure, the drop-off in quality after season 4 is unsurpassed, and possibly unsurpassable. Think I just couldn’t buy into Debra’s reaction in Season 7 (not that the story arc in season 8 is much better).

What does house of cards do now that REAL US politics is about 1000 times more nuts than anything they can possibly do?

Doing all the Netflix Marvels at once, since they’re all part of the same thing:

Daredevil S1: 8/10
Daredevil S2: 5/10
Jessica Jones: 7/10
Luke Cage: 6/10

Daredevil S1 was great because it had one villain, with room for the story to develop. And, crucially, it wasn’t a fucking origin story - he was already punching people. Vincent D’Onofrio is amazing in this. Low-key and consistent is good for this sort of thing.

Daredevil S2’s first half was great. Jon Bernthal’s Punisher was immense, and makes perfect sense in this show. Why they didn’t make him the villain throughout I don’t know. Electra herself was alright, shit about ninjas was stupid and felt like it was from another, shitter, show. Went from street level punch-ups to ninja prophecies and resurrection pods in the space of a couple of episodes. Also Karen’s journalism ‘career’ and final ‘article’ are atrocious.

Jessica Jones had great lead performances, and one villain throughout - good. Had plot issues, such as doing the ‘David Tennant gets kidnapped’ routine three fucking times, and the random cop JJ saves in an apartment just coincidentally being an enhanced super-soldier. Clumsy af.

Luke Cage has probably the best ‘feel’ of the bunch - sense of place and people, bands on screen at the club (RIP Sharon Jones). Cottonmouth was a great villain, and he, Mariah and Shades should have been the villains throughout. Diamondback should never have been in it. He was well-played, but again felt like he was from another show - he was basically a Bond villain. Who was also Luke’s brother it turns out, but Luke somehow never realised! Yeah ok. Their final fight was a bit pants too. Not sure Mike Colter could handle the ‘bigger stuff’ - as low key Luke, he was great though.

So one villain per series = good, two = bad. Looking forward to Iron Fist, and hopefully Defenders will be worth it. But the Punisher spin-off is the one I’m really waiting for - if they plot it right.

Too fucking right.

That last episode nearly made me kick the TV through.

Twats.

I’m doing Peep Show because fuck yous all!!!

S1 : 8/10
S2: 9/10
S3: 10/10
S4: 10/10
S5: 7/10
S6: 7/10
S7: 8/10
S8: 6/10
S9: 8/10

That’s a lot of numbers

the later seasons are all at least a point too high there

1 Like

were there really 4?
last 2 are merged together in my head and can’t remember what happened in either of them

Naw, they got worse for sure but they were still miles ahead of any other comedy in the last twenty years or so in terms of actual belly laughs. Season 7 in particular I find really funny.

I have never been let down so badly by a show involving Jimmy Smits.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
S1: 4/10
S2: 8/10
S3: 9/10
S4: 6/10
S5: 10/10
S6: 5/10
S7: 7/10

hmm i liked most of S8, and S9 (probably my favourite episode is in S9). thought the misses outweighed the hits in S10 but that S11 got things mostly back on track (aside from a couple of shit ones)