• South America
  • Australasia
  • Antarctica

0 voters

An inconventinient trut

Their second album was probably their masterpiece

the wha ?

Antarctica has :penguin:

Also saw an exhibition once about the architecture of South Pole research stations. Basically cause of the snow both on the ground and falling from the sky, they inevitably sink / get buried and have to get abandoned. Which means the crushed remains of all the past ones are still down there somewhere, buried under decades of snow.

I think I like S the best.

I would have to say The Best of The Continents

:joy:

Continents > incontinence

misread this as condiments and thought HERE WE FUCKING GO AGAIN

no thanks

Australasia II

Africa! I cried when I first saw the Attenborough Africa doc, spent so many years of my life being brainwashed by western and middle eastern media and they way they paint Africa as a shithole. Seeing the diversity and staggering beauty for the first time was so moving and it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen on tv. Also Africa’s history and ancient civilisations are so incredible, focus is usually just on Egypt which is obviously amazing but there are loads more. Really love Africa, wasn’t proud to be African when I was younger because of all that shit before but now I’m 100% :earth_africa: :two_hearts:

They’re all shit

.:hearts:.

Very touching post! Africa seems totally amazing, it’s a real shame it’s portrayed so badly by racists here.

I get pissed off that there’s so few history programs about anything other than England/Western Europe on the TV.

Would be well up for a good African history podcast!

Forgot about Zealandia. smdh

i would love there to be more documentaries about african history on tv that aren’t just about ancient egypt. i like egyptian history but there is a whole continent there!

Oceania

with Egypt it’s often Cleopatra as well who is basically portrayed as a white woman (well Ptolemaic etc so I get it) so it just adds to this narrative that only white people have refined civilisation.