Rate Your Kitchen

A design classic. My nan had exactly the same …though I think I remember that hers was a pendulum/clockwork version

Small, very little workspace, shit lights, no drawers, electric hob and not enough sockets.

4/10 at best. AT BEST.

Thread makes me a little sad because I used to have the nicest kitchen in the world.

Anyone else have ceiling mounted wine glass holders? They were fitted in our new place and are absolutely genius.

Lots of lovely kitchens on display here. I am very fond of my kitchen too, it’s probably the best room in the house.

I give it 9/10, only losing a point because the cooker hood is on the way out, the dishwasher is borked and the fridge beeps incessantly if you leave it open too long, which is a right PITA when putting away the weekly shop. Still, niggling complaints for what is a GBOK.

5 Likes

fantastic kitchen! what’s the black stove for next to the aga(?), do they work together somehow?

1 Like

ta :slight_smile: it’s a multi-fuel stove which used to be the centrepiece of a café the previous owners of the house once ran. It’s not linked to the cooker, which looks very aga-like but is a standard ceramic-hob electric oven deal. it replaced the god-awful hunk of junk the previous owners left behind, which tripped all the electrics in the house if not used in a very specific and not at all useful manner…

1 Like

My nan also had that clock.

Kitchen is a piece of shit, way too small. The electric cooker is a joke, the flooring is coming up and there isn’t enough space. Only good thing is having my record player in the same room so I can listen to music while cooking/washing up.

We might be in a position to buy a place early next year and a priority is a decent kitchen that won’t drive my partner and I around the twist.

Close thread the only opinion we need.

2 Likes

Here’s the current state of mine:

6 Likes

Don’t change a THING

5 Likes

green and white colour scheme eh, might have known. :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

Does that clock make that whirring sound at 11:40? Still gets me every time.

Yep

I find it strangely comforting

the full-size mural of Bobo Balde is on the other wall just out of shot…

2 Likes

I have a similar one that we had to move out of the bedroom as it’d freak me out every night.

Oh yeah. It’s all just wooden boxes anyway isn’t it.

:laughing: :+1:

1 Like

The Ikea delivery finally turned up today. I now have work surfaces and the cupboard for the oven :dancing_women:

pics

this is thread is now the ‘shes_so_high kitchen renovation blog’ thread

2 Likes