Raw emotion in Sport

Warning, may contain an Italy goal, let’s get that out of the way today not tomorrow eh.

I was rooting for Pliskova in the tennis just now, but seeing Barty go down at the moment of victory, moments like that always feel so great, emotional, just pure really.

4 Likes

Ajax Vs Spurs in the CL semi.

(1.30 here, Pochettino crying his eyes out, totally overcome)

(Moura being shown Brazilian commentators reaction to his goal and crying)

4 Likes

The whole thing really but 6:20 onwards. Even though it’s spurs it’s pure tingles. Sorry hoogy

7 Likes

Ajax after their semi-final CL defeat

11 Likes

Le spursoi

3 Likes

I’m over it (almost)

1 Like

Can start from about 2:50.

For context, alabama (white) are the best team in college football by miles, playing against their smaller local rivals auburn in what is effectively an elimination game to get a place in the college football semi-finals. There’s a second left and alabama have to kick a field goal to break the tie and win the game

5 Likes

It’s probably a bit of an obvious answer but Gascoigne crying in the 1990 semi just destroys me. A brilliant, vulnerable player realising he may not play in the final.

Goran Ivanisevic

7 Likes

I would say when the Cubs when the World Series but David Bote’s comeback walk-off grand slam is almost more explosive. Beautiful.

(3 mins in if it doesn’t take you there)

2 Likes

still can’t watch it without tearing up

15 Likes

Might be a bit biased as I was there to watch it, but

2 Likes

Oh hell yes

1 Like
3 Likes

I rewatch the highlights to this every 6 months

1 Like

honestly think if I had the opportunity to go back in time and spend a day anywhere ever id go to the cricket that day

gardens of babylon, no thankyou

1 Like

There is that amazing slow motion replay shot with the crowd behind him that is just… unbelievable.

1 Like
1 Like

Me too. That, the Cubs game 7 of the World Series and Oxford vs Wycombe in 2016 when Oxford got promoted.

1 Like