Read the standing orders

Yeah I’ve heard this is one of the most boring podcasts ever recorded

1 Like

must be pretty tough to have the grace to know when your 2 mins of fame has ended

7 Likes

It still blows my mind that this is all a result of a youtube video @ma0sm put together

8 Likes

9 Likes

This is an unlockable chat phrase in Forza Horizon 5

You memed into a video game @ma0sm

10 Likes

Limmy watched the Masom edit on his stream. Felt a bit like Leonardo DiCaprio in that meme

1 Like

Still so, so good. Watched it all again.

1 Like

Holy shit.

read the standing orders guy could be a reece shearsmith character

6 Likes

This still isn’t funny, btw.

1 Like

fucking hell

would love to know how many copies this sold

2 Likes

Jackie was interviewed on Radio Two just before Christmas about it, so that might have pushed sales a bit

Yeah, not getting it tbh.

2 Likes

@HotBeefTrauma found it on the UK politics Reddit.
It got deleted there because it broke the rules of that subreddit despite getting a lot of attention (by that subreddit’s standards).
They shared the full video in the great things posted on social media thread.
I started watching, quickly realised it was amazing, but also realised no-one would watch an 80-minute video of this.
I spent a few hours editing the video, in the meantime @anon45164313 had posted about it on Twitter, getting a retweet from Reece Shearsmith which also started to get some attention.
I then my 18-minute edit of the video on here and a few different places online
Then the shortened version (which got to the awfulness a lot quicker than the original) got very popular
In the meantime, some other people had posted even shorter versions on Twitter too.
I wrote some more about it not long after it happened

5 Likes

Amazing to think that all of this time @sean had no idea that any of this happened until today

13 Likes

Merry xmas sean :gift:

2 Likes

It was around the time I was busy at work so wasn’t keeping up with the mega-threads, sadly.

No need to apologise, it’s just quite funny considering how much it exploded, you had no idea that inadvertently you played a part in it all.

1 Like

The POTW threads were good for this: if you had a busy week and just wanted to dip into the main events on DiS

4 Likes