Reading and Leeds 2019

YES!

*starts one man mosh pit in office :fist:

1 Like

terrible take

a number of 70s artists on that first one.

I was so annoyed my parents wouldn’t let me go in 1997. to make amtter worse they wouldn’t let me see Radiohead play Rivermead 2 weeks later.

I think it’s ok

30 years of age you were etc etc

1 Like

Nah, kids are more likely to think nirvana is an edgy fashion label like run dmc have become

It was already like that in 1999. Kids everywhere walking around in Nirvana hoodies having never listened to any of their music

1 Like

and don’t get me started on Wu-Tang jeans

Oh come on. Kids today have instant access to basically all the music ever made. They know way more than people in their 30s did at the same age.

2 Likes

this was my first year for the weekend

I’ve only got a passing interest in NIN but their set on the Sunday was one of the best things I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Getting a de ja vu and think this is the second time I’ve brought it up in this thread. Will pipe down about it now.

My first was 2000 - this was the last one I went to for the weekend. NIN were great and the Pumpkins played Drown, which made me very happy.

Went for the day the next year to see RATM but realised I had really just had enough of it.

1 Like

I missed them! I think I went to see Seafuckingsick Steve

1 Like

OOOOOOOOOOFT!

2 Likes

The bass was the best I’ve ever experienced, holy smokes. Such an unbelievable set that my mate, who before the set was saying that NIN are for ‘pathetic grebs’ started the set at the back, drinking on a deck chair, and by the end he was making his way down to the front.

1 Like

My first and only Leeds fest, missed LCD Soundsystem, The National and Sleater-Kinney playing small tents but I did at least catch Arcade Fire with a small audience.

Also got right to the front for Pixies at the height of their reunion buzz.

I ended up with an upset stomach and spent most of their set running off to the (utterly repulsive) toilets.

Precious, precious memories.

1 Like

Mine too! Every time I see that line up though it reminds me that I missed Jeff Buckley, Archers of Loaf, Deus and Soundgarden (amongst others) :angry:

Soundgarden cancelled in 94 didn’t they?

But, yeah, I don’t think I was familiar with Jeff Buckley at the time - his name jumped out at me when I looked at the line up poster this morning. Massive missed opportunity that one.

Edit: You definitely did not miss Soundgarden:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/soundgarden/1994/little-johns-farm-reading-england-5bcde788.html