Reading & Leeds Festival 2017

I was at Leeds that year. I remember Rival Schools being utterly terrible (despite loving their album) and Muse being outstanding (despite hating them).

god knows what I did on the razorlight day… I remember gogol bordello and the Bronx…

yeah I saw barely anyone that day, saw BRand New, Interpol and Maximo Park (!) not sure what else

Muse were excellent (I thought) at Reading that year. They came on in the middle of a huge thunderstorm, which added to the camp theatrics of it all.

1 Like

Ban request

Seems like they’ve had the same lineup for about fifteen years now. Always awful. And it’s in fucking Reading, so never had any desire to go.
Eminem’s a good draw though, good job on that I suppose.

there’s no image or video evidence of it online but he alludes to smearing in this interview:

he did, i was there. he came out and said something like ‘this is a tribute to all of the shit you’re going to see on this stage today’ and curled one out right on the stage. he threw it into the crowd, someone picked it up and threw it back, so he smeared it on his chest and then dived into the crowd.

No Reading line up is complete without RHCP or Foo Fighters headlining. Shame on the organisers. I’ll now cancel my credit card so I don’t buy a ticket by accident.

IIRC they cancelled.

“We had to petition to be allowed back inside the UK because apparently we broke some sort of public indecency law sixty thousand times over. They told us, “It’s illegal to shit in public in front of one person, and you did it in front of sixty thousand people.””

What a band.

2 Likes

you can’t even take a shit in front of 60,000 people these days. political correctness gone mad.

5 Likes

Can’t wait until we leave the EU and I can take a shit in front of as many people as I ruddy well want.

2 Likes

my bad!

i think the storm actually raised everyone’s spirits when they came on weirdly. twas a good show

is anyone else going to either of these? of course I’m going to Reading. Of course.

Just me then…

Actually pretty pleased with the line up as it happens, and most of the stuff I’d highlighted as first choice doesn’t clash, bar a few annoying ones. Also not got much that I’d rather see for the secret slot (Radio one stage), so just in case it isn’t just QOTSA, I can hang around.

I was at this one. I can’t tell you who I chose to see because all of my decisions were unfathomably awful

God I feel old.

living so close to the site it’s hard to avoid the stages going up and I’d get pretty fed up if I wasn’t going. as such I had to make a heck tonne of effort and listen to pretty much everyone on the line up before i decided it was worth it. I knew so few of those bands six months ago.

enjoy Korn!